If We Can Pull Out A Win Tonight...

BengalBobNC

If we can pull out a win tonight, catch Jake on an off night (he certainly has more than his fair share), somehow contain the running game (biggest wish), we could be 2-4, with the win tonight, and springboard ourselves into these games:

@Titans: Winnable, McNair is banged up, the Titans are not the Titans of old (3-4)

Cowboys: The Tuna is having trouble, winnable (4-4)

@Redskins: Never a good place to play, but Gibbs should've stayed retired, winnable (5-4)

We could be 5-4 when we start the critical 3 game AFC North series:

Steelers

Browns

@Ravens

I'm not saying playoffs or anything like that, I'm talking pride and something to feel good about.

The Bengals have a lot to fix to make this happen, but it could happen. Will it? We'll find out tonight.

I know, I know...but ya' gotta hope sometimes.

We have a good chance tonight - well, it is only a two horse race!

If we can keep it close, you never know. one good/bad play, one good/bad call, a missed field goal - whatever.

I assume it's a sell out crowd therefor home field advantage should count for something.

Whats the weather conditions like? Windy, rainy, cold?? All these factors could add up.

Hope so - my entusiasm (and blind optimism) is building.

God, I love football!!!!!

we just have to hold them to like 130 yds on the ground and not let jake play better than he is. Otherwise, he should throw 1-3 picks and fumble once.

U know we are leading the league with 8 forced fumbles :D

#1- Please do not underestimate Jake. He's better than most of you give him credit for. He makes no more bone headed plays than say...Favre (not comparing the 2, but c'mon, Favre isn't careful with the ball). Also, his record as a Bronco is stellar. 10-4 if I'm not mistaken.

#2- Home Field Advantage? I know there will be lots of orange, but there will ba almost as much blue as black tonight. I was at the opener last year and had NO trouble finding Bronco fans in a game where hope was alive.

#3- Tonight SHOULD be a good game. Cincy is better than their record indicates, But Denver is as good as theirs does. I think that Cincy MUSt slow down Droughns and get contributions from the RB spot. Otherwise, it could get ugly. Cincy has the tools to do well.........

If we can pull out a win tonight, catch Jake on an off night (he certainly has more than his fair share), somehow contain the running game (biggest wish), we could be 2-4, with the win tonight, and springboard ourselves into these games:

@Titans: Winnable, McNair is banged up, the Titans are not the Titans of old (3-4)

@Redskins: Never a good place to play, but Gibbs should've stayed retired, winnable (5-4)

We could be 5-4 when we start the critical 3 game AFC North series:

Steelers

Browns

@Ravens

I'm not saying playoffs or anything like that, I'm talking pride and something to feel good about.

The Bengals have a lot to fix to make this happen, but it could happen. Will it? We'll find out tonight.

I know, I know...but ya' gotta hope sometimes.

Steve McNair said that his injury isn't something that's going to heal in 1-2 weeks if he continues to play. I'm willing to guarantee he won't be playing against us next week.

we just have to hold them to like 130 yds on the ground and not let jake play better than he is. Otherwise, he should throw 1-3 picks and fumble once.

U know we are leading the league with 8 forced fumbles :D

now that's a encouraging stat.

After seeing tonights game, I think you may be on to something. The defense stepped it up. Carson looked much better (maybe since he didn't have an obscene number of attempts). And we clearly won the field position battle for the whole game. This is just the kind of win we needed to be mentally ready to go to Tennessee and host the Cowboys.

The Titans are having a down year and we have momentum. We can win that game. The Cowboys are having a lot of troubles (and I get to hear way too much about it down in these parts). We can win that game. And, amazingly enough, our Bengals may be sitting at 4 - 4.

:player:

Guest (12:08:44 PM)

u better kill champ bailey

Chad Johnson (12:08:44 PM)

OK, no problem.

Nope, nope, nope, Chad is keeping his mouth shut this week!

:lol:

Nah, Bob, that was taken from the Enquirer chat online with Chad

some fan said some s**t like that, and that was his response....i thought it was hilarious.

Well, part one is complete. On National TV, against a very strong 5-1 team, we went toe to toe and won the game! Not squeaked out a narrow victory, the Bengals played with a lot of heart and pride last night.

It feels damn good!

If they can keep that up, and play every week like they did last night, I see no reason why we cannot be 5-4 going in to the AFC North rematches as listed in my first post of this thread. Of the three, on the road in Washington looks toughest. It is a difficult place to play. The fans are very, very loud. You have to strike first and keep the pressure on or they will make it hard on the offense. Of course, to our benefit in a game like that, Carson is not going to be calling audibles like Payton Manning would. They will run the play called in most cases.

First things first...the Titans.

Keep up the intensity guys! Go Bengals!!!

The next three games revisited with that team's current record

@Titans 2-5 ~ Have lost 2 in a row

Cowboys 2-4 ~ Have lost 3 in a row

@Redskins 2-4 ~ Have won 1 in a row

If we play with the intensity we showed against Denver, these are all winnable games. One thing (among many) that has to be fixed is redzone scoring. When we get down there, we need to start getting TDs.

Playing with a lead we saw a completely different team. I'd like to see that team the rest of this year!

We'll see how it goes vs the Titans. I'm sure the Titans are not taking us lightly, just like we shouldn't be taking them. I'm not saying any of those teams are pushovers. I'm saying we can win them if the Bengals play like they did Monday night.

Go Bengals!!!

:player: