Are you Bandwagon Bengals or REAL fans?

lambert58

Many of you have responded to my thought s on the upcoming game between the Surging Steelers in Extremely Lucky Bengals.

But how many of you just hopped on the Bengal Bandwagon after a few wins? I've seen you guys BOO and lambast your poor team over the years and leave the stadium EMPTY.

I have much respect for the fans who hang in there NO MATTER WHAT, but I'll bet many of you are waiting for tickets for a BAndwagon that has recently filled up. Don't worry though you true Bengals fans will have more room soon; as soon as the losses begin and you miss the playoffs, the new bandwagon ticket holders will will spend their money on a different jersey. Theres a lot of David Klingler jerseys in the Thrift shops. Jon kitna is next.

The Steelers have the best fans in the world. Yes we are criticle but we stick with our Franchise through thick and thin. We will demolish the Bengals this week. All of the open holes your backs have seen recently will come to a miserble close and you'll will know what a true defense is. I feel very sorry for you because I realize that losing has taken its toll. But the basement awaits you again this year.

I'm sorry it has to be this way.

Lambert 58

Well Lambert58, I've been a Bengals fan since '84 when the game first started appearing on British TV. I could have chosen the Steelers as my team but I thought they may have been financial unstable, only being able to afford a logo on one side of their helmets.

Anyways, I chose the most exciting and stripiest of all the helmets in the league and picked the Bengals ! I have seen them home and away on many occassions - each one costing me a small fortune to cross the Atlantic with my family - but man, do we love our Bengals or what!

I was there in Houston for the last game in the Astrodome, I was there in the rain as we said goodbye to Riverfront/Cinergy Field, and I would dearly love to be there on Sunday - when the Bengals whooop your butts.

The Iron Curtain is rusting through my friend, so do yourself a favour a support a great team, The Bengals. We know you all secretly admire us anyway and we won't mind you jumping on the bandwagon - it's your only chance of success for many seasons to come !!!! WHO DEY ?

lambert: Your post does not deserve a reply, but for some reason I feel compelled to do so.

First: Any "bandwagon" Bengal fans are more than welcome aboard. I'd like to hear what you have to say about your "greatest fans" AFTER they endure 12 straight years of total and complete futility. Most of our "booing" was directed directly at Mike Brown for what he had done to the team. Kudos and Bravo Zulus to Mike Brown and Katie Blackburn for hiring Marvin Lewis and letting him run the show. (FYI: Bravo Zulu is military jargon pretty much equivalent to "good job".)

Second: I have been a Bengal fan since I can remember. That would be 1968, our first year, when I was 5 years old. (I was born and raised in Cincinnati.) I'm not sure I knew what I was rooting for, but they were our team. I have stuck with them through the lost years, 1991-2002, because they are my team. Living in North Carolina now and previously in Washington DC I was told on many occasion that I should root for the redskins or Panthers. I root for the Bengals. I, along with everyone else, had every right to complain how the team was being run, and in some cases how poorly they prepared and played. In no small part, the fans can hold their heads up knowing they yelled loud enough for even Mike Brown to hear that something had to change. The coaches that had a job ONLY because they were loyal to the Brown family had to go. They were not getting the job done. In less than one year Marvin Lewis (NFL Head Coach of the Year candidate), and his hand picked assistants, have turn our beloved franchise around and made us all proud again! The players have responded and made us all proud Bengal fans again!

It's going to be a hard fought game this Sunday, regardless of the final score. AFC Central/North teams have always played each other tough in despite of their record.

Old fans, new fans, returning fans, and bandwagon fans are more than welcome aboard this fabulous season ride for us! Most of us have been waiting for this ride for 12 years.

And lambert, this ride is no where near over yet!!

Go Bengals!!!!

well buddy i was born in 1986, and i have been a fan since 88, i know your a steelers fan so let me count how old i was for you, 2! i have been a fan through the 13 years of bad football, yet every sunday i watched the bengals play! so piss of you stupid steeler junkie! THE STEELERS ARE GOING DOWN!

weak attempt at a flame, if you ask me.

How long have you been a Steelers fan? From reading your posts, I'd say not very long. Talking about Maddox like he's the second coming of Bradshaw or something. REAL Steelers fans I know are very worried about this year and keeping their mouth shut about this weekend.

Bengals fans are not bandwagon. I guarantee if the Steelers endured 12 years like the Bengals did, there's no way they'd draw 50K+ like Cincinnati did even in the leanest years. Well, it looks like we may have a chance to find out coming up here. Do the Steelers this year remind anyone else of the Bengals in 1991? Have a fun ride, Steeler Fan.

Hey Rookie,

I have been a Steeler fan since 1970. Not that you would care, but I can tell you ANYTHING about any player on the Steelers. You name it.

I can tell you anything about the franchise also. I am a real fan.

I don't speak about Maddox like he is the second coming of Bradshaw. I only know that he is a smarter qb than Jon Kitna. Wait a minute... A better qb than Kitna.

Someone made the comment that I won't return to this page should we lose. Let me tell you something; I will be the first to congradulate the Bengals fans. The problem is, it is simply not possible to win in Pittsburgh this weekend. The Bengals are not ready to make that leap right now. But you as fans are not supposed to see it that way. You are being FANS. Now for a moment, Try being REALISTIC.

You can't win.

Lambert 58

I really don't understand why you think Tommy Maddox ids a bad QB. Is it for the simple reason that you are a Bengals fan?

I have many reasons for saying Jon Kitna is not a good QB. He has proven to be inconsistent as many of your former QBs were.

The Arena league experience actually makes an NFL QB think more quickly. The field is smaller and decision making can wait at all. When you bring that experience to a 100 yard field, many good things will happen.

If Maddox was a Bengal you'd love him.

Kitna would NEVER make the Steelers squad.

Steelers 31

Bengals 0

Lambert 58

Larry,

THAT WAS FUNNY!

Lambert58

This is even more hilarious....

------------------------Yards-------------%---------------TDs------------------INTs

Kitna......................2540................61.4..................19.........

Maddox..................2430................57.4..................13............

:lol:

I have been a bengals fan for too long to even get into it with a young gun like you "LAMBERT"..............your just trying to stir the pot and all your getting is potLuck while the bengals WILL be getting the POT of GOLD............most of us on this site have been there since the begining and we kjnow each other quite well, we are not bandwagon jumpers but have paid our dues..........for those who have jumped welcome aboard the ship has set sail and is cruising to another win this SUNDAY agenst the squeelers

:P:P:P:P:P:P

It really doesn't matter how long a person is on a message board. It's the quality of the things that are said.

You sound immature. Too immature to call anyone young gun.

Now, please realize that the Bengals ONLY HAVE FIVE WINS. If you have been a Bengal fan so long, you should actually know yourself how things can fall to pieces quickly. Most of you sound like you've alredy made the playoffs.

I guess thats what happens to football fans associated with a losing football team for so long.

I'm not trying to make you feel bad. The Bengals have already done enough of that to you over the years. You have no chance of winning in Pittsburgh. Funny how no Bengals fan has mentioned the fact that we have already finished you off once this year.

Steelers 31

Bengals 0

Lambert 58

. Too immature to call anyone young gun.

Now, please realize that the Bengals ONLY HAVE FIVE WINS.

Immature - me no way, you on the other hand YES.....comming to a bengals message board and thinking we would just bend over and take it...........i dont think so, SO please refraine from displaying your ignorance.....we won 6 games not 5 you fool and its not a typo that you put 5 because you have been doing all over this board....its just plain stupidity on your behalf

Lambert58:

I agree it doesn't matter how long you've been posting. I just recently found this site. But I've been a Bengals fan for 30+ years. Funny, I always thought true fans stuck with their team thru thick-n-thin. We've had plenty of thin and are still here. We boo our team/mangagement because we love them, not because we hate them. We get excited when our team wins. We'll be plenty excited this weekend.

Speaking of bandwagon fans: I was over at McSteeler checking out your Top 10 Reasons Steelers Beat Bengals post. Very creative. (You know what they say - when fact fails convert to fiction. If your team could convert third downs (33%) they way you convert fact, you guys might be in first place!) Anyway, I noticed that only 6 people responded to your post. Your own fan, Terry12, admits the Steelers are bad.

Don't talk to us about bandwagon - you're so buy twirling your flaming baton out front of the wagon, you don't even notice people jumping off the thing! Go bang your monkey somewhere else!

I for one love to read the flames and the strong responses from Bengals fans. It makes coming over here more interesting to read ridiculous posts from Bengal-haters and then reply with facts and boasts of our own. I'm only disappointed that the ever-strong Steeler bandwagon (true fans) have only one poster over here inciting us. I thought we'd get more traffic like before the Chiefs fans were forced to take their medicine.

I don't agree with lambert and I don't like what he's saying or some of how he's delivering it, but it's more interesting that way. I especially love his score predictions.

You are wrong about me not returning to this page. Even if we do lose I'll be back quicker than Issac Curtis's head snapping back after a Mel Blount hit.

I really am not concerned about losing though. You people revel in stats. Just like Kansas City did before you beat them. Stats don't mean anything.

When you come to Steel City, it's going to be painful for you to watch.

Steelers 31

Bengals 0

Lambert 58