Worst Sports City

ackley1

Let me ask you guys this. Is Cincinnati the worst sports town in the country? Well, we have the Bungles who lose every year. Now it seems that the Reds have followed in the their footsteps. Sure the Bearcats do well (until march), but other than that there's not much to cheer for. I guess you could throw Xavier in there too. What do you guys think?

Cincinnati is a good sports town. The fans are great, they are patient. Tease them with a winning team and they will appear; witness the first 6 home games being sold out this year. Now, after our poor start, I don't know if the last two will be or not. This loss today gives me no hope they can do anything to avoid being embarassed on MNF against a real NFL team, the Broncos.

Marvin: get back to conditioning and stop all the new age psychology. These guys need a kick in the rear, not someone apologizing for them. No fire, no win. Get rid of Frazier and the front seven, except for Justin and Simmons. Give #24 back to the Broncos.

well chicago is a greats sports town but every professional team is bad, bulls, bears, blackhawks, toss in the cubs and the soxs teasing them in recent years oh well

Yes, I was going to say Chicago--but San Diego is pretty bad--Seattle hasn't won s**tola in years.

How about LA??? The Clippers??? The Kings??? The Lakers have one of the worst fanbases...the LA Forum was called several things like the Mausoleum, or the Crypt, or the Graveyard, etc.

How about Atlanta??? They have the Hawks, Falcons, etc. And they can't even keep a bomb from exploding at the Olympics!!!!!

Atlanta, I think has it worse than Cincy. But at least they have the Braves.

Who knows??? This is a very argumentative question.

How about Cleveland??? I know this is bad timing--but the Browns haven't been to a Super Bowl yet--and the Cavs suckola!!! How about those Indians??? They sucked for years!!!

Cincinnati is a good sports town.  The fans are great, they are patient.  Tease them with a winning team and they will appear; witness the first 6 home games being sold out this year.  Now, after our poor start, I don't know if the last two will be or not.  This loss today gives me no hope they can do anything to avoid being embarassed on MNF against a real NFL team, the Broncos. 

Marvin: get back to conditioning and stop all the new age psychology.  These guys need a kick in the rear, not someone apologizing for them.  No fire, no win. Get rid of Frazier and the front seven, except for Justin and Simmons.  Give #24 back to the Broncos.

I agree with this thought for sure.

No, Cincinnati is not near the worst sports town, because its fans are so damn loyal. We are loyal to a fault. 14 years of getting kicked in the nuts by the Bengals and yet we stick them back out there again for more kicking.

I grew up in the 'Nati, life-long Bengals and Red fans. Now live in Memphis, I still drove to training camp (won't be making THAT trip next year, no need to support this s**te more than I already do). I made a Reds game in September, I am coming back in December (apparently to wear a bag on my head) for the Bills game. I shell out for the Sunday Ticket, I dress my poor innocent children in Bengals clothes from time to time. Cincinnati is a great sports town and fosters fans with intense loyalty. Too bad the management of the Reds and Bengals seems to take such pleasure in abusing us for our loyalty.