Worst team in the NFL?

belmontbengal

Is it the Bengals? If not, then who? Buffalo? Miami? I am soooooo sick of gettin my hopes up for at LEAST a competitive team every year only to have those hopes crushed into a tiny cube to join my collection of Bengals seasons in cube form.

Bah...

Carson didn't look awful today so that is a "positive." From what I could tell that INT CP threw could have and should have been brought in by Chad...Henry just wanted it more. A microcosm of the Bengals 04 season?

Our offensive line couldn't open a single hole all day. Our wideouts can't catch (looking at you Chad and KW). Our D line got pushed around like the pudgy bookworm at recess in 3rd grade. Our linebackers couldn't cover and were out of position all day (lookin at you Hardy).

So again, I ask you guys...if we aren't the worst team in the NFL then who is? I say that right now, we are easily the worst team in the AFC. What can we do to change this? Do some coaches' heads need to roll? Do we need to try and swing a trade before the deadline? (or is it too late for that?) Or do we do what I fear we will do and that is nothing.

The war cry of the Mike Brown era: "WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR!"

God help us.

Hmm...

I think Miami is a little worse than us right now, not by much. Arizona and us are in a dead-tie.

It's just broke guys, no fixing it. Hindsight is 20/20 and I better Marvin is rethinking MANY of his recent decisions.

Best Bax post ever.

Except for dead-tie part w/ Zona.

Zona is better. We could've had Darnell Dockett at DT instead of Perry at RB. (Perry had another nice catch, though, but he's just not an AFC North runner).

You betchya a$$ Marvin's rethinking.

Perhaps we can start agreeing here that Marvin has used up his free pass and now we should focus on his decisions of picking up former Redskins and Ravens isn't quite the key to putting together a good team. This also applies to former coaching buddies....

Me too. I'm watching Dallas v. Steelers at this time and their rookie QB looks like an all-pro. Makes you wonder about coaching.

Yeah, if Marvin had gotten an experienced defensive coordinator who had a proven track record, things might be different. Instead, he lets someone, a low key, non-emotional type, take over. We see how that is working.

I expected our sorry defense, but did not expect the breakdown of the receivers dropping so many passes. Had they all been caught, would have made the game a little different.

Have you noticed a trend where a new coach will come in, tighten the lease, and have success for a short time. Then, it seems they start letting up on discipline and conditioning. Now we have a bunch of injuries and guys not playing up to their potential. While I haven't given up on Marvin yet, I find it interesting how Couglin is doing with the Giants. He didn't come in with all of these ideas of "re-building," he came in to kick butt and win ball games.

BTW, did TJ even have a ball thrown to him today? Is he in the doghouse? He has been playing well this year and it is strange to see him fielding kickoffs, only.

Is it the Bengals? If not, then who? Buffalo? Miami? I

Bah...

So again, I ask you guys...if we aren't the worst team in the NFL then who is? I say that right now, we are easily the worst team in the AFC.

Uhm, the Chiefs, Dolphins and Bills are ALL in the AFC, so I think you should re-evaluate that opinion.

At this time the ONLY team we are stronger than is Miami. I believe any of the other 1-4 teams could beat us. Today we had a total team effort of incompetence: offense: no blocking, dropping passes. Actually, Palmer's passing was pretty good today; defense: if they did stop the run, then our secondary gave a big play. Oh, and the many, many penalties that helped to cook our goose. It appears that we are unmotivated, unconditioned, and poorly led. I have tried to be positive and hope for the best, but the team is not giving me much to root for.

I believe we have discussed the fact that our secondary does not check the receivers within the first five yards to slow them down. I noticed this was true on the replay of the 99 yd play. O'Neal didn't touch him. Oh, did it appear to anyone else that he seemed to give up the chase? Now I see why Denver didn't want him. Man, we sure are suckers for all of these projects the coaching staff has brought on board. ML a defensive genius? Well, like he says, "I see better than I hear." :(

Let's see...I was aware of this...if you don't think the Bengals are a subpar team in comparison at this PRESENT time then I want some of the prescription drug you are taking please. :D

yeah, they ARE better than the Bills and Dolphins...

Ok, if they are it is by a slim margin. I am so down on this team right now... sorry. Guess I shouldn't be posting this sort of thread and it is a bit out of the norm for me to be like this. I just am so...tired of being a diehard follower of a team that seems to go nowhere every single season.

I totally emphatize, all of us do.

You're preaching to the choir buddy.

I'm not going out anymore to watch the games, I just get embarrassed when I do.

Pittsburgh was particulary ugly, and the Browns game was just as bad.

I'm designing a tiger striped paper bag for next game. :(

I am so down on this team right now... sorry. Guess I shouldn't be posting this sort of thread and it is a bit out of the norm for me to be like this. I just am so...tired of being a diehard follower of a team that seems to go nowhere every single season.

What should you be sorry about? Expecting a little success after only 14 years of losing!?! :blink: Why you spoiled little #*%@!*#! :o Just for that we're going to make you endure ANOTHER 14 years of the Bengals going nowhere! THEN we'll see just how "diehard" fans like you really are!! If we then feel you are indeed "diehard" enough, then MAYBE we'll put together a winning team for you fans! <_<

Sheeze. Give 'em one 8-8 season and the next thing ya know they have the audacity to want another! :angry:

***I hope you know the above was a joke Belmont. You have every right to post such words, normal for you or not. We've been let down by the Bengals, not the other way around. We've been supporting them through all these past years of futility, and we will continue to do so. The fault lies not with the fans. We've done our part. Built new stadiums, bought tickets, jerseys, hats, bumperstickers, parking fees, etc, etc, etc. I think you'll find the fault laying at the same destination as the money...at the feet of the owners of the Bengals. You could document their actions and procedures since the teams conception in '68 with the exception of but a few brief years. Then retitle it and you'd have yourself a guidebook on how NOT to run a professional football team, called the "Illustrated Book of Football Team Owning Dummies!"

No doubt....The Bengals are the worst team once again in the NFL.

Miami has a terrific Defense.

Arizona has a up and coming defense.

We have a pathetic front four on our defense thats causing the rest of the unit to be overutilized in the rushing area. Safeties shouldn't have to make almost every tackle 6-7 yards past the line of scrimmage.

Hehe, I believe the good Lord has better things to do than camp out a fansite with all of us bellyachers on it! But seriously, I would have to agree with the fella above this that said we have no defense...we don't. Not a newsflash I know, but THAT is the reason I believe we are THE worst team in the NFL right now.

I wish I could offer something in the way of constructive opinion on how to fix this, but frankly I don't know of any way at this point in the season.

Man, MNF will never pick a cincy game again after next week I wager! :ph34r: