Bengals.com article concerning the offense

BengalBobNC

Yup. Everything they talk about boils down to one thing: an offensive line that isn't getting the job done. Hopefully having the first string back in and, if not at full strength, the closest to it they've been all season, will produce better results in Cleveburg.

BengalBob: I like your posts, if for no other reason, than to get a glimpse of the two beauties. They are hot!!!! Whatever happened to Melissa Stark? Is she still in the media, or go home to have babies?

Glad to hear my posts are entertaining! I last saw Melissa reporting at the Kentucky Derby earlier this year. I have no clue what she is up to currently though. I know she left MNF after getting married :( and having kids.

I also share your optimism for the Clowns game, IF our defensive line can stop the run.

The defense has been up and down this year. Miami did not have Ricky Williams so it's probably a stretch to say that was our up game. However, the defense did attack and looked to be in a good position all night. Except late in the game when the Bengals decided to play a softer defense, always a mistake IMO. I'm glad it worked out in the end.

They attacked Deuce in Pittsburgh, causing two fumbles. He still ended up with good yardage, but not like Martin and Lewis. Lewis ripped a couple of big runs, other than that I think they did a decent job against him. (Room for serious improvement though!)

The bye week came at an excellent time this year I think.

One prediction: Justin Smith, after his embarrassing DUI, will be fired up to make amends and have one of his best games, taking it out on RBs, QBs, and OLs.

Gut feeling.

The number of attempts is misleading though, at crucial situations in the game with a running game clicking, Bratkowski has thrown the ball, leading to those situations that force their hand to pass.

I am tired of hearing that the Bengals were in a position that they had no other choice but to throw. The reason they were in that position was because they deviated from their original plan to lean on Rudi and take some pressure off of an unseasoned QB. Brat and Frazier have some major improving to do or I hope the axe falls swiftly. :player: :angry: :player:

The number of attempts is misleading though, at crucial situations in the game with a running game clicking, Bratkowski has thrown the ball, leading to those situations that force their hand to pass.

But you can't just only run the ball. Sometimes you hope to catch them thinking run and you pass or visa versa. Sometimes you call certain plays to setup other plays. Game breakers in your favor. They called a few deep passes in the Steelers game that can accomplish two things:

1. Keeps the defense honest. Every team in the league knows we want to run the ball to take heat off Palmer. Get the linebackers back in a zone coverage to turn a 4 yard gain into a 12 yard or better run.

2. Game breaking TDs! Palmer and whichever receiver came close to hooking up, only a yard or two off. Once they connect maybe it's a TD or at very least a huge gain. Again, it keeps the defense off balance.

I'll admit, I've questioned Brat's play calling too. There are times when I wonder why something was called. But I'm not in the coaches booth to know why something was called. Maybe a receiver reports the DB is playing well off or releasing early to watch for the run.

Game plans are great, but they always get adjusted according to what is working, what's not working, the surprise move, or to keep the other team off balance.

But you can't just only run the ball. Sometimes you hope to catch them thinking run and you pass or visa versa. Sometimes you call certain plays to setup other plays. Game breakers in your favor. They called a few deep passes in the Steelers game that can accomplish two things:

1. Keeps the defense honest. Every team in the league knows we want to run the ball to take heat off Palmer. Get the linebackers back in a zone coverage to turn a 4 yard gain into a 12 yard or better run.

2. Game breaking TDs! Palmer and whichever receiver came close to hooking up, only a yard or two off. Once they connect maybe it's a TD or at very least a huge gain. Again, it keeps the defense off balance.

I'll admit, I've questioned Brat's play calling too. There are times when I wonder why something was called. But I'm not in the coaches booth to know why something was called. Maybe a receiver reports the DB is playing well off or releasing early to watch for the run.

Game plans are great, but they always get adjusted according to what is working, what's not working, the surprise move, or to keep the other team off balance.

Come'on, dude!!! You HAVE TO QUESTION DRUNKOWSKI'S PLAYCALLING!!!

Your post is political as hell, bro. It's inexcuse-able to have your 1st year QB throwing the damned ball 52 times--especially when:

1. You had the lead at one point when you started to heave the ball

2. Your RB was averaging 5.0+ ypc at one point in the game against a brutal Run Defense!!!

It was High School-ish as hell that Dumbkowski didn't recognize that the Ravens couldn't stop Rudi. Maybe I'm giving Drunkowski too much credit on the "High School-ish" thing--I think that's more PEE-WEE Level!!!

Please elaborate on the fact that Rudi had 23 carries for 98 yards and Palmer HAD to throw it 52 times still.

This should be interesting. :huh::huh:

Please elaborate on the fact that Rudi had 23 carries for 98 yards and Palmer HAD to throw it 52 times still.

This should be interesting.  

Sorry Barb, I said it before, the Ravens game was the only game I have missed this year, I was traveling at the time. From what I heard, we fell behind and tried to catch up. I do not recall the running game being known as the "come from behind" play calling style.

At what point of the Ravens game were we in the lead? I completely missed that one:

Ravens 10-7-0-6=23

Bengals 0-3-3-3=9

??????

Besides, what is your actual point here? Do you just want to be a miserable little f*ck like bbax and quickly point out the worst in everything instead of trying to find the good points? I know for a fact it is not that cut and dry either way. You would have to be the coach or the player to know why something was called or not. We can bitch about it all day on this forum, won't do any good except ruin everybody's mood reading negative crap like that.

I never said they were perfect and always made the correct call everytime, like you and others would obviously do if you were in the booth under pressure to win.

"I would've avoided the water main, but that's just me." Brett Favre

Monday morning GMs/HCs/QBs are great aren't they?

What's your reply Barb? This should really be interesting!

BTW: I can't get too upset with you, after all, the picture of Britany in only a shirt is hot!

Actually I think Barb means the Steelers game when Brat starting f'ing passing when he should have been running. That was the worst play calling of the year on Brats part. I think they just need to throw out the panic button and call the game straight up no matter what the score is and if it's close at the end and you need to throw it then do it then, but damn If Brat keeps calling passes when he should be calling runs I'm getting on a plane and force feed him a size 12 foot.

The Steelers game was the worst example of play calling ever. Before then it was fairly balanced considering that they played behind so much. Maybe Brat heard that some people were picking him as a head coach candidate next year and wanted to show off, who the hell knows.

He mentions directly Palmer throwing 52 times when we had the lead at one point:

Your post is political as hell, bro. It's inexcuse-able to have your 1st year QB throwing the damned ball 52 times--especially when:

2. Your RB was averaging 5.0+ ypc at one point in the game against a brutal Run Defense!!!

That was the Ravens game that Palmer attempted 52 passes.

Again, that was the Ravens game, not the Steelers game.

The Steelers game Palmer was 20 of 37. Quite a few of those came late in the game. Rudi had 24 carries for 123 yards. Besides, it goes back to other posts about keeping the defense off balance. Sometimes, maybe, you pass when the other team is expecting run and visa versa. Who knows, maybe right when we all wanted a run they had seen something the play before and thought they could get a big gain or a TD and put the game away. When it works, you're a genius. When it doesn't your Drunkowski. Go figure.

Anyway, if he meant the Steelers game, he should picks stats accordingly or clarify it. To me he sounded like he was directly talking about the Ravens game.

Once again:

I never said they were perfect and always made the correct call everytime, like you and others would obviously do if you were in the booth under pressure to win.

He mentions directly Palmer throwing 52 times when we had the lead at one point:

That was the Ravens game that Palmer attempted 52 passes.

Again, that was the Ravens game, not the Steelers game.

The Steelers game Palmer was 20 of 37. Quite a few of those came late in the game. Rudi had 24 carries for 123 yards. Besides, it goes back to other posts about keeping the defense off balance. Sometimes, maybe, you pass when the other team is expecting run and visa versa. Who knows, maybe right when we all wanted a run they had seen something the play before and thought they could get a big gain or a TD and put the game away. When it works, you're a genius. When it doesn't your Drunkowski. Go figure.

Anyway, if he meant the Steelers game, he should picks stats accordingly or clarify it. To me he sounded like he was directly talking about the Ravens game.

Once again:

Ok--my bad. I had the 2 games running together. The reason why I had the games running together is because Drunkowski made the same damned mistakes--BY ABANDONING THE RUN TOO f**king EARLY!!!! However, in the Ravens Game, Drunkowski had all the time in the world to get back into it--and he decided to just heave the f**king ball!!! That has me thinking this:

BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!

Wrong answer!!! The only time you start heaving the ball is when you are in "Desperado Time". That means being down by > 17 points with limited time left.

So, it's 17-6 in the 3rd quarter--one TD would make it 17-13 with a whole quarter left!!! Why not try to take the game back from the Ravens by RUNNING THE BALL RIGHT DOWN THEIR f**king THROATS WITH RUDI, who at the time was averaging wayyyy over 4+ ypc??? Nothing demoralizes a defense more than a running game shoving the ball down your throat. Sure, it's boring as hell--but by winning the game of attrition by running the ball--you cause panic by demoralization of the defense. Also by doing this, you wear down the defense too. Every incomplete pass is another victory.

And since the Ravens' Offense doesn't do much, you get back into the game.

DUH, DRUNKOWSKI!!!!!!!!! I'm not anywhere close to being a coordinator in the NFL!!! I'm an above normal fan that knows his s**t--but come on here!!! That's 2 times you've f**ked up!!! And more times last year.

Him and Frasier need matching crosses to be nailed to. I say hang them up now.

Okay, shall we move on to the Browns game now? Barring unforeseen disasters like running into Barb on the street ( ;) ) I will not miss that game.

I might even take pad and pencil with me to take notes. Nah, not needed. Lewis has told Bratkowski to pound Rudi, they are working up a game plan based on film of the Browns games this season, and we are going to win.

If Brat's and Frasier's play calling are suspect throughout this season, I believe Lewis will not waste nails on them that he needs to finish cleaning up Mike Brown's mess. Depending on their contracts, he will send them packing like Takeo.

Peace Barb...You are actually screaming for wins. I respect that.

Okay, shall we move on to the Browns game now? Barring unforeseen disasters like running into Barb on the street ( ;) ) I will not miss that game.

I might even take pad and pencil with me to take notes. Nah, not needed. Lewis has told Bratkowski to pound Rudi, they are working up a game plan based on film of the Browns games this season, and we are going to win.

Don't hold your breath with the "Rudi Pounding". If the Bungles get behind by 10 points, Drunkowski will start with the Palmer heaving again.

History shows that this assessment is correct with Dumbkowski.

;)

BTW, I love how you avoided my post like the plague.

:huh:

If Brat's and Frasier's play calling are suspect throughout this season, I believe Lewis will not waste nails on them that he needs to finish cleaning up Mike Brown's mess. Depending on their contracts, he will send them packing like Takeo.

Peace Barb...You are actually screaming for wins. I respect that.

Ok, gotcha. I didn't see this until later.

Peace??? Ok--first you gotta take a hit off this pipe...

;):lol::lol: