Pittsburgh Running Away

Steel Legends

with our division and we are doing it very easily. Other than the Ravens we are performing very well and just think we are going to get even better. This is turning out to be a great year for a smart rookie in Big Ben, an Ohio native.

Bengals have the Browns this weekend so I'm expecting a battle there. Steelers go to Dallas a play a tough one on the road but we usually have Vinny's number. Baltimore has a Bye Week but then they go to Buffalo the following week. It should be interesting.

Greetings there Steel Leg Ends.

Nice of you to drop by and give us your thoughts. It is better however, to be leading the pack at the end of the season, rather than at the start, and there's still an awful lot of football (or a lot of awful football in the Bengals case) to be played yet.

December time is traditionally when Santa rewards the good boys so we'll wait until then to see whats what.

Welcome aboard anyway!

Thanks for the welcome!

I'll tell you that we look good thus far. We are playing good defense, we are back to that rock em sock em running attack, and we are playing well on the Special Teams. We need some more tweaking on the defensive side, as far as, actually getting sacks, not just pressures, overrall, however, we are right where we need to be 5 games into the season.

Ravens are keeping pace and they are doing a fine job. This week's game against Cleveland will measure how far the Bengals have to go...

u are speaking way to early my friend. steelers havent really played the heart of their schedule yet, otherwise any great defenses....while big ben has been starting at least. Mb he can withstand it, but i highly doubt it.

steelers havent really played the heart of their schedule yet, otherwise any great defenses.

No question that we haven't played our toughest games yet and that's why I think things are actually looking good. If you take our upcoming game with Dallas, one could argue that the Steelers will likely win that game, especially with Vinny being their QB because they've always been successful against him.

Now take a look at the following 2 games that the Patriots have to play before they get the Steelers at Heinz coming off a Bye Week. They have 2 straight home games against both Seattle (terrible road team) and the Jets, who are having a great year thus far.

My point here is that this sets up the Steelers very nicely at home coming off a Bye Week and giving them 2 weeks to prepare for them. This is actually the best case senario for the Steelers because they will have enough time to prepare and it gives Ben more time to grow.

That Philly game on 11/7 is setting up to be a great game. We always play them well and we still haven't seen them get tested. They lost a lot of defense last year and they are doing it with offense. They will have Baltimore at home and then they travel to Pittsburgh.

Those 2 big games against winning teams can't be set up any better. You get to prepare 2 weeks for the Pats after they've played 2 big games and then you get Philly after they've played Baltimore. We will see just how good the Steelers are.

Steelers next few games:

Sunday, Oct. 17 at Dallas Cowboys

Sunday, Oct. 24 BYE WEEK BYE WEEK

Sunday, Oct. 31 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Sunday, Nov. 7 PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Steel, I analyize this more thoroughly in another post, but if Big Ben is able to unlock the secrets of the Patriots D as a rookie and first year starter, then he will have shown himself to be above nearly every other quarterback on the planet including Manning. Heck I'm not even sure Brady could decifer his own defense if he had to play it live. Anyway, as long as you hold CD to under 50 in that game the way you did when he played for us, I'll be happy. But I'll still be rooting for the Patriots!!!

But I'll still be rooting for the Patriots!!!

Trust me when I say that the Pats are not the second coming of the 1972 Dolphins. The media likes to portray them as the greatest team but they aren't.

The Steelers get 2 weeks to prepare for them so Cowher, one of the best coaches, will have the troops ready. I'm glad that we have the Pats because this will show us where we are. We aren't a team full of rookies. We are loaded on offense, defense, and Special teams and that's why we are 4-1.

Never, ever count Pittsburgh out because they have what it takes!

But I'll still be rooting for the Patriots!!!

Trust me when I say that the Pats are not the second coming of the 1972 Dolphins. The media likes to portray them as the greatest team but they aren't.

The Steelers get 2 weeks to prepare for them so Cowher, one of the best coaches, will have the troops ready. I'm glad that we have the Pats because this will show us where we are. We aren't a team full of rookies. We are loaded on offense, defense, and Special teams and that's why we are 4-1.

Never, ever count Pittsburgh out because they have what it takes!

Excuse me???

19 wins in a row IS the NFL Record.

So much for your knowledge and PARITY IN THE NFL.

;)

Pittsburgh shall fall soon enough. Beating the Raiders, Browns, Dolphins, and (though I hate to say this, but we haven't really proven that we can get it done just yet) Bengals is no indication of how good your team is.

Play a meaningful game against a good opponent and then talk about how great your team is. Until then, root for the Squeelers in silence.

Pittsburgh shall fall soon enough. Beating the Raiders, Browns, Dolphins, and (though I hate to say this, but we haven't really proven that we can get it done just yet) Bengals is no indication of how good your team is.

Play a meaningful game against a good opponent and then talk about how great your team is. Until then, root for the Squeelers in silence.

hmmmm...this sounds familar!!! See my post in the NFL Forum, I do believe.

:D:lol:;) :player: