Bengals Best Bolts

HoosierCat

Told y'all this wasn't going to be a blowout. Good to see them come out with the W, tho, I was worried. I'm sure Marvin will have some words with the D about that second half. Good to see Corey back in 100-yard-game form, nice work by Kitna, again a good job by the O of playing keep-the-ball to run out the clock. CJ was awesome, which is to say, his usual self, and how about K-wash? Graham's good with the FGs but the kickoffs are still making me (and him, I'm sure) bonkers. We got a few good calls from the officials, too (about time!)

But enough...who care right? Wer got a win on the West Coast and we're 1-0 on the road trip so far. B)

And looking at next week...I'm thinking we blow Pitt out by about 3 TDs.. :blink::lol:

Told y'all this wasn't going to be a blowout

Yeah, but it should have been. The Bengals defense is starting to worry me a bit by letting teams score late. They've given up points late in nearly every game this year. That's not a good thing to be happening this late in the year.

The Bengals defense is starting to worry me a bit by letting teams score late.

Starting? Welcome to my world. :D And yeah, it's a tad late in the year to be blowing assigments (like the Roman/James miscue on the Boston TD) or getting out of position and having LT roll over you for 40 yards.

The sign in the Bengals locker room says it all: put your head down and shovel. They need to focus *every single down* and they aren't. They're close -- and sometimes they just get beat -- but close isn't going to cut it in the next two weeks, and certainly not in the playoffs.

But they are *so* close. C'mon, boys, put it together...

On a lighter note...from sportsline.com...

SAN DIEGO -- It was a clean handoff, a seamless transition.

Taking another big step to shed their image as laughable losers, the Cincinnati Bengals manhandled the sad-sack San Diego Chargers 34-27 on Sunday to continue their remarkable turnaround under first-year coach Marvin Lewis.

Welcome back, Bengals. Say goodbye to the Bungles.

And just like that, the Chargers' worst fears were realized. They inherited the role of the NFL's biggest laughingstocks.

"Whatever the Cincinnati Bengals of the NFL means, now people far and near will relate that failure to the San Diego Chargers, until we do something about it," defensive end Marcellus Wiley said. "They're doing something about it."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/gamecenter/r...20031123_CIN@SD

Graham's good with the FGs but the kickoffs are still making me (and him, I'm sure) bonkers.

They are definitely making his sister bonkers. But at least I know what happened on the one really short one towards the end (I think after hte last FG). Did anyone watch the tee after the kick? It seems he got more tee than ball. :rolleyes:

I told him he just wanted to get another tackle assist. Seriously, I hope he gets his kicks to be more consistent. He has some good ones, but too frequently, he has a bad one thrown in. At least the sqib was intentional. I thought he really messed that one. Turns out he was supposed to do that.

This is his first full year of kicking off, so I hope he starts to feel the groove and get more consistent.

This is his first full year of kicking off, so I hope he starts to feel the groove and get more consistent.

We're all pulling for him, Sis. He clearly has the ability. I think you're right, he just needs time and work and good coaching. He should get all three here.

I told him he just wanted to get another tackle assist.

:lol:

All I asked for was a comfortable win, and im biting my nails in the 4th again. Oh well, a win is a win, and its nice we got one to start this road trip. I think it will give us the confidence to win in Pittsburgh. Chad, great game, Kitna, fabulous. And I loved seeing Corey and Rudi do the work this week. Also props to Kelley on the TD dance.....i think.

The defense needs to get that killer instinct. Get a team down and keep them down. It's tough to do that on the road, and this was a big win for us. The first of a three game road trip. The Chargers may be ranked 32nd in the league according to the ESPN Power Rankings but they are certainly a game team. We've got a great thing going now. The plays that had to be made were made...and that's what matters most right now. The next two games are huge, on the road against the Steelers and Ravens. Neither team is going to be easy to beat. But if we play our game, make the plays that have to be made...we can win them both.

Right now I can't even describe how thrilled I am!! It's late in November, we are 6-5, and have the division lead!! Yeah! I'm loving it!

I didn't get to watch the game. In Phoenix they televised the KC/Oak game (ugh! Every week it's GB, SF, Denver or Oakland! I hate it, but that's another story. San Diego is closer than any of them and the Cards are never on the TV cause they can't get 12 people to the game.) I did keep up with the game over the internet, although I couldn't get streaming audio. You know it's a good year when you're willing to follow the game on play-cast, waiting for the stupid thing to refresh. It was worth it and actually kind of exciting in a sick way!!

Everytime I checked, the Bengals were moving the ball. Yeah, that old "here we go again" feeling was lingering late in the game, but once again they got to finish the game by taking a knee. This isn't the same team I watched play the Cardinals. They're much better. If they can win 2 or 3 more, I'll consider it a great season. The past decade has been painful. Thankfully, once again, it's fun to be a Bengals fan.

Cheers to all my brothers (and sisters) in Cincy. I wish I could be back home to enjoy this with you all. I'm trying to convince my wife we need to move back to the motherland, but she says "why the hell would I leave Arizona to live in Ohio?!" Forgive her ignorance.

You know it's a good year when you're willing to follow the game on play-cast, waiting for the stupid thing to refresh. It was worth it and actually kind of exciting in a sick way!!

Welcome to my world :( I would be completely lost if not fot that gamecast cause I can't get streaming audio at work....My only hope to see the Bengals on TV this year is for them to make the super bowl....