Quote from Chad Johnson on Sportsline

BengalBax

I own Chad in my keeper league on Sportsline.com

He is what it said under his player news:

News: According to the Cincinnati Enquirer, Bengals receiver Chad Johnson is getting double-teamed quite a bit by opposing defenses. Week 4 against Pittsburgh was typical. "Not one snap did I have single coverage," Johnson said. "You can't play playground football out there. Just because I can beat it doesn't mean you throw into it. You don't throw into double coverage."

LOL, now Chad is getting on Hairy Palmer's case. This is going to get ugly. Ever heard of team chemistry?

How the hell do you get that??? Johnson said you don't throw into double coverage. How could he be on at Palmer if he says don't throw into double coverage????

Uh yeah, duh, he's obviously saying QB's shouldn't be throwing to him, and is explaining why he isn't getting the ball more.

But in your hatred for all things Palmer don't let the absence of Warrick cloud your opinion!

Also Kelly Washington's complete disappearing act this season hasn't helped either.

Unfortunately it's going to take Palmer a couple of seasons to flourish in this offense just like it took Kitna 2-3 seasons to get it down. It's just going to suck waiting around for it, and for people to get healthy and play to their potential again.

Well s**t. One of two things.

1. Our other recievers (besides injuried PW) need to step up. I mean we have the god Washington, where the f**k is he?

2. Now that the defenses are seeing CJ as a threat, why doesn't (as Barb says) Drunk-kowski change s**t up a little? Put CJ in slot, create some mismatches... where the f**k does Drunk f**k get his money? Unbelievable. If this team loses, weekly, I put more blame on the coaches each game. We have the offensive talent, but WE ARE NOT SCORING!

What a surprise.

Another ridiculous post from Bax.

Way to stay true to form.  :wacko:

Other than the Palmer thing, I think this post is right on. We need some of our young WRs to step up to provide Chad with some single coverage.

I'm usually negative--but I thought Housh really stepped it up these last couple of weeks!!!

Sure, his punt return skills really suck--but he's turning it on when playing the #2 WR.

7 for 100+ in a game is outstanding numbers. And I think it's because Chad is getting so much attention.

What a surprise.

Another ridiculous post from Bax.

Way to stay true to form.  :wacko:

Other than the Palmer thing, I think this post is right on. We need some of our young WRs to step up to provide Chad with some single coverage.

I'm usually negative--but I thought Housh really stepped it up these last couple of weeks!!!

Sure, his punt return skills really suck--but he's turning it on when playing the #2 WR.

7 for 100+ in a game is outstanding numbers. And I think it's because Chad is getting so much attention.

I honestly thought he had it in him before the season. He hadn't been healthy for a while, and I knew he was the kind of guy who can get you ~40 catches a season and really contribute. He has the ability to get seperation from a defender when the pass is coming his way, even if he doesn't have super speed.

I wish there'd be better tight end play, tight ends are a young QBs best friend, ask Kyle Boller.

Schobel was used well in the last drive vs. Fins, catching 4 balls for short gains. More important than the yardage was the coverage it forced. He had an LB or DB or both on him. On his last catch, Will Poole got knocked out of the game for a play tackling him. The next play the CB brought in came up in coverage, which left Chad 1-on-1 with the FS Arturo Freeman for the 20-yd catch that set up the game-winning FG.

Pass catching TEs are crucial. Hopefully Schobel can get his sh*t together because it ain't gonna happen on a consistent basis w/ Stewart and I don't want to even write Reggie Kelly.