Double Standard

kevnz

Well I think NASCAR has a bit of a test coming up. Junior cussed on TV and the last person that cussed on TV got docked 25 points. Will NASCAR hold true to their special handling of Junior and not say anything or give him a small fine or will they actually show consistancy and dock him 25 points and fine him 25,000? (yeah right)

Well I think NASCAR has a bit of a test coming up. Junior cussed on TV and the last person that cussed on TV got docked 25 points. Will NASCAR hold true to their special handling of Junior and not say anything or give him a small fine or will they actually show consistancy and dock him 25 points and fine him 25,000? (yeah right)

They should. A rule is a rule... not there for interpretation.

Knowing Nascar as I think I do, I doubt he'll suffer the loss of points and probably a fine of no more than $10,000. Who knows, maybe even just a "don't do that anymore Junior or else" slap on the wrist! And all over him saying a word I could give a s**t about. <_<

And all over him saying a word I could give a s**t about. <_<

God ain't that the truth. It's a word on network TV, i.e NYPD Blue, readily available to any child that wishes to view it.

WHERE THE HELL ARE THE RESPONSIBILTIES OF PARENTS? GOD, THIS FREE PASS CRAP WITH OVER PROTECTION OF SOCIAL WELFARE WILL BE THE END OF AMERICA!!!!

Well I'll be damned! They actually did it!

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) -- NASCAR star Dale Earnhardt Jr. was knocked out of first place in the Nextel Cup by a slip of the tongue.

Earnhardt was docked 25 points and fined $10,000 by NASCAR on Tuesday for cursing during a TV interview after his victory at Talladega Superspeedway.

Asked Sunday by NASCAR broadcaster NBC about the significance of his fifth victory at Talladega, Earnhardt said, "It don't mean s--- right now. Daddy's won here 10 times."

Now, instead of leading Kurt Busch by 13 points in the Nextel Cup standings, Earnhardt trails by 12 with seven races left in the season.

In February, NASCAR president Mike Helton told drivers to watch their language on radio and television. Less than a month later, he showed he meant it: Johnny Sauter was fined and lost 25 points for swearing during a radio interview following a Busch Series race in Las Vegas.

*** I should add that Juniors team is appealing the decision...like that's gonna do any good! :wacko:

Holy s**t!

I'm stunned. But NASCAR was between a rock and hard place on this. If they didn't they would have lost even more credibility, but now it's gonna piss of a good portion of Junior fans, and hurt their golden boys chances of winning the championship. Oh well :lol:

But in saying that. he got off lightly on the fine Sauter got 25,000 fbut Junior only got fined 10,000.

Thank god this s**t is over with. I mean NASCAR was getting s**t on like stink on s**t. Thank goodness we can focus on the championship and not s**t like this s**t.

(perhaps I over did it. either way, I'm laughing, that's all that matters. go me!)

My Lord! You can be a real s**t head sometimes! (jk!) :D

Thank god this s**t is over with.  I mean NASCAR was getting s**t on like stink on s**t.  Thank goodness we can focus on the championship and not s**t like this s**t.

(perhaps I over did it.  either way, I'm laughing, that's all that matters. go me!)

My Lord! You can be a real s**t head sometimes! (jk!) :D

Yea, s**t happens. ^_^^_^