Looking forward to the game lads

Turi

It's that time of the year when our teams go against each other and there's going to be no love lost. The Bengals are coming off a humiliating defeat and will be angry going into their second divisional game (Remember what the Ravens did to us after they lost to the Browns) and the Steelers will be feeling pretty good after a win in a Hurricane away from home. Remember you guys also beat us at Heinz last season.

I saw the Bengals game last week and believe me i was rooting for youse, the Ravens are obviously favourites to win our division and now they've already got three divisional games over with and have KC at home. Our two scheduals are immediately harder than the Ratbirds in the next two weeks and the winner of this game on sunday are most likely to be the real challengers for the AFCN.

The matchup is very interesting. We've both got injury worries, both without key linebackers, O lines not healthy and the game will be sold on the rookie Qb matchup. I have Palmer on my fantasy team and expect a breakout game soon - hopefully not this week and he saves it for Cleveland. But I think we're going to both go into the game with the same game plan. Establish the run and take pressure of our rookie qb's.

So good luck for tomorrow (but not too much).

but that it will all boil down to who gives their qb enough time to make the necessary plays.

I wouldn't leave out the advantage of the team with the least turnovers. We saw the momentum killing effect they had last weekend, and with these offenses being directed by two young QB's, the ball could find itself going back and forth in changing possessions real quick! :unsure:

Wow. :blink: It just hit me that this will be Carson Palmers very first NFL start where HE is the "saltier veteran" in terms of experience between QB's! I hope that "huge" advantage in experience pays off in Sundays Game! :lol:

Same to you Turi! You're our favorite British Steeler fan here! Cheers to ya', and no injuries for either team, eh? B)

but that it will all boil down to who gives their qb enough time to make the necessary plays.

I wouldn't leave out the advantage of the team with the least turnovers. We saw the momentum killing effect they had last weekend, and with these offenses being directed by two young QB's, the ball could find itself going back and forth in changing possessions real quick! :unsure:

Wow. :blink: It just hit me that this will be Carson Palmers very first NFL start where HE is the "saltier veteran" in terms of experience between QB's! I hope that "huge" advantage in experience pays off in Sundays Game! :lol:

Same to you Turi! You're our favorite British Steeler fan here! Cheers to ya', and no injuries for either team, eh? B)

Yes, it is about the turnovers. Don't forget, though, that the amount of pressure on Palmer will likely be the determining factor as to how many tunrovers we make...

I think Levi might be playing this game, so the only starter not playing on the online will be Braham, but Fotenot has proven he still has what it takes to be an NFL C. I honestly don't think the Steelers have the D that Miami, and the Ravens do. I would look to pass early to pass to open up the running game. Good protection, I agree, will be the most important thing for the Steelers, but I don't think they will be able to get as much as most Steelers fans are hoping. I would start out short passes and work some deeper routes early. This gives them a better chance to run the ball later in the game. I think if Palmer has a big first half they will play more coverage type D, and this will help Rudi. I can't wait to see Perry, and I am really excited to see Ratliff play who might get some time at S because Kaesviharn might not be able to play. It will be good game for the Bengals. I can't see the Steelers offense keeping up the with the Bengals.

For me I don't know what to expect. Both teams will have young Q.Bs. And the BENGALS have been hit with the injury bug, big time. I just hope we can come back from last weeks loss and start to get some momentum going for us. But it might be hard to do in the STEEL CITY.... :player:

Yeah, all that have mentioned turnovers are right. This will probably be the key to the game. Otherwise I'm predicting this will be tight. I have a bit of confidence in my lads for this as we're forcing quite a few and also giving away less. With two rookie QB's, we're guaranteed interceptions. Both Palmer and Roethlisberger have made school boy errors so far.

I mentioned a lot of intangibles in my initial post and one I should have mentioned should be the LeBeau factor. That's going to be very interesting and personal.

Oh and injuries BillyBroome? We caused quite a few last week but I'm not one to wish injury against any player - except Winslow.