Well, Well, Well

HoosierCat

Well, at least he used to cover the Bengals, so he's not clueless on them. I'm afraid that as the Bengals keep winning, we'll find more people jumping on the Bandwagon....Oh well, just so long as they don't put the Bengals on the cover of SI it'll be okay.

Look who's crawling aboard the bandwagon, tossing the Bengals in among his "fine 15":

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2003/writ...mmqb/index.html

All I can say is that I wish I was the guy with the "problem" on the flight he mentions...

He's going to have to scoot over a little bit. Check out NFL.com. Marv Levy just jumped on board with both feet.

If the Chiefs were ticked off yeaterday, they don't want to read the stories that are all over the boards today. All the focus is squarely on the Bengals. Any time the Chiefs are mentioned at length, its because of the comments they made after the game. One of the headlines was something to the affect of ..... even after being beaten, the Chiefs are still arrogant ..... OUCH ! You know that's gotta hurt.

Did anyone else notice that there was not o-n-e mention of the B word that USED TO BE associated with the Bengals. That has been a long time coming, and it made for great reading.

As long as we're counting noses on the bandwagon, where's Trumpy ??????????

Yeah, I saw Levy's piece, too. I just thought King was worth mentioning (and knocking) because he's rarely missed an opportunity to dump on the Bengals over the last few years. I was actually surprised that his MMQB column today didn't have a headline like "Bungles Get Fluke Win."

And don't worry, the b-word will be back just as soon as this team pulls another "Tempe." I'm actually more concerned about the Chargers game than I was about the KC tilt...but I'll save the fretting over the next game 'til tomorrow :D.

I'm actually more concerned about the Chargers game than I was about the KC tilt

Well, that's the good thing about the Arizona game, the Bengals know they can't take a win for granted no matter what the record of that team is. I also think the Bengals that were on the team last year are gonna be a bit pumped up cause the Chargers humiliated them last year. So hopefully the Bengals win big and get some confidence for the Steelers and Ravens.

Well, that's the good thing about the Arizona game, the Bengals know they can't take a win for granted no matter what the record of that team is. I also think the Bengals that were on the team last year are gonna be a bit pumped up cause the Chargers humiliated them last year. So hopefully the Bengals win big and get some confidence for the Steelers and Ravens.

So much for wating for tomorrow to fret :D.

I hope your hope is right, kev. But all the signs and omens are, well, ominous.

1. The Bengals are 2.5-point road favorites (i.e., they "should" win). Just like AZ.

2. San Diego has clobbered us the last two meetings, once when we were 2-0 and another the season opener after we'd gotten a lot of playoff hype. In short, they clearly aren't intimidated by us.

3. The Bengals are coming off a big win and lots of glowing press. Just like AZ.

4. The SD game is followed by not one but 2 crucial division away games against the Ravens and Steelers (so the Bengals are likely to be looking past SD).

5. The Chargers are out of it; all that's left for them is the chance to play spoiler -- and who better to knock off than the team that just whacked KC? No way they won't be up for this game.

6.. And finally, with the KC win, the Bengals have firmly established a pattern of playing up/down to the level of the competition this year.

Marvin Lewis has his work cut out this week.

Yeah, I saw Levy's piece, too. I just thought King was worth mentioning (and knocking) because he's rarely missed an opportunity to dump on the Bengals over the last few years. I was actually surprised that his MMQB column today didn't have a headline like "Bungles Get Fluke Win."

And don't worry, the b-word will be back just as soon as this team pulls another "Tempe." I'm actually more concerned about the Chargers game than I was about the KC tilt...but I'll save the fretting over the next game 'til tomorrow :D.

I checked out Banks shot over there today too. Talk about your left handed compliment. Among others ...... if we survive our road trip we could finish 8 and 8 ......... Gee ... Thanks .... i think. Oh, and that depended on us beating Cleveland in our last home game.

He's also the idiot that wished we hadn't drafted Palmer because he was so good he deserved better than the Bengals .......... and ............. Said Lewis should have waited for a better job.

Do you think its a coincidence that these guys never mention what city they live in ????????????

All of those "writers" don't really have a clue, I can do better work than them. Plus after having the Bengals to pick on for the past 12 years they are a bit bitter about not having them to kick around. Yeah, I read a few comments that Lewis should have waited....Well who's looking now? You know Baffledo had a shot at Coach, turned him down, now look where they are at. Tampa had a shot now look where they are at....(they won a Super Bowl on the back of all the hard work Tony Dungy did, not Gruden, the second most overated "genius" in the NFL) I have a feeling there are gonna be a lot of sports writers eating there words at the end of the season...not that they will admit it.