Could you help me with a draft question?

Slope

Could you help me with a draft question?

I know it’s early, but I’m trying to put together a list of each team’s needs in the 2004 draft. I figured the people on this board would know more than the typical sportswriter, so this is where I came to ask.

I’m trying to determine a need at every position: QB, RB, FB, WR, TE, T, G, C, DE, DT/NT (Nose Tackle), OLB, ILB (MLB), CB, S, K, P. I need to know specific positions. Not just O-line or linebackers for example, but what type of offensive linemen or linebackers.

Here are the categories I’m trying to determine for each team:

Desperate needs (a position you have a big hole at):

Draft priorities (positions you need to concentrate on):

Not a priority, but will draft if right player is available:

Might draft for depth:

Will not draft these positions:

Not all of these need to be filled out (not every team has a desperate need as a position). I’d appreciate any comments or suggestions for players you think your team might be interested in also.

I already have a 7 round mock draft, and a prospect ranking board set up here: http://e.1asphost.com/nonamedraft/index.html .

Thanks

Haven't really thought much about the draft...which is unusual for a Bengal fan in November :D. But I'd say:

Desperate needs (a position you have a big hole at):

Defensive Tackle (of the big, run-stuffing variety), Center, Right Guard

Draft priorities (positions you need to concentrate on):

Cornerback, Punter

Not a priority, but will draft if right player is available:

Right Tackle, Wide Receiver, Middle Linebacker

Might draft for depth:

See previous answer

Will not draft these positions:

Quarterback, Running Back (unless we trade Corey Dilon in which case they may look for a No. 3 behind Rudi and Watson), Fullback, Safety, Defensive End, Left Tackle/Guard, Kicker, Outside Linebacker, Tight End

I'd expect the Bengals to look at DT or CB in round one, whichever one they didn't take in round 1 in round 2, and probably the best o-lineman in round 3. But April's a ways off. :)