Fins-Bengals game notes

The Brew Man

First prime-time game in Cincinnati since Thursday Dec. 4, 1997. On that night Cory Dillon rushed for 246 yards and a rookie rushing record (since broken).

Miami has had the most success of ANY NFL over the Bengals...winning 13 0f 16 for an .813 win percentage. It's been 27 years since the Bengals beat Miami. On Nov. 20, 1977 the Bengals beat Miami 23-17 with Tiger Johnson as coach.

Bengals are 2-7 playing on Sunday nights.

Dolphins are 18-5 playing on Sunday nights.

Connections: Jay Fielder was a Bengal during training camp in 1996. Miami GM Rick Spielman attended Massillon HS and is the brother of former OSU LB Chris Spielman.

Carson Palmer's passing rating of 105.2 was the 3rd best for a Bengal QB making his debut...in fact it's the best since 1969. The only two debuts that were better were John Stofa 120.2 and Sam Wyche 118.0, both in 1968

Palmer's 248 passing yards ranked 2nd best for Bengal QB debuts.....behind Turk Schonert's 290 at Denver in 1983.

Since 1996 the Dolphins are 29-5 when they have a RB rush for atleast 100 yards........on the other hand, they are 5-16 when an opposing player rushes for 100 yards.

Last week:

Miami allowed 182 yards rushing to the Titans.....the most they have allowed on the ground since 2001. Chris Brown became the first RB to top 100 yards in 21 games vs Miami.

Best winning percentage since 1970

Miami .643

SF .602

Oak .597

Dallas .595

Pitt .593

Miami .643

SF .602

Oak .597

Dallas .595

Pitt .593

Someday when I am old and grey, I would like to sit back and see a statistic like this one. That the Bengals (since 2003) are one of the winningest franchises over an extended period of time. I'd like to get to the point that we know that we are in the hunt every year.

Miami .643

SF .602

Oak .597

Dallas .595

Pitt .593

Someday when I am old and grey, I would like to sit back and see a statistic like this one. That the Bengals (since 2003) are one of the winningest franchises over an extended period of time. I'd like to get to the point that we know that we are in the hunt every year.

It has happened before. It will come again.

From 1970 to 1990 -- and this is a quick add-up of numbers off profootball-reference.com, so I may be off by a game or two -- the Bengals were 164-141, or .538. Over that span, they had 10 winning seasons, 7 losing seasons (2 @ 7-9), and 3 .500 years.

Then came Mikey, the Antiowner, and a 63-145 (.303) record since 1991. 0 winning seasons, 2 .500 seasons, and 11 losing seasons (2 @ 7-9). Ugh.

That works out to an overall 227-286 (.442) record, which sucks, but then again, ain't bad considering only 2 teams have broken .600 over the same period.

Marvin's gonna get us back. It might not be a straight road -- we had a bit of a blip in '87 on the way to the big game -- but we'll be back. Maybe not this year, but we'll be back.

Bengals. Super Bowl. It has happened before. Twice. It will happen again. And next time, we win. :player:

Miami .643

SF .602

Oak .597

Dallas .595

Pitt .593

Marvin's gonna get us back. It might not be a straight road -- we had a bit of a blip in '87 on the way to the big game -- but we'll be back. Maybe not this year, but we'll be back.

I'm not so sure about Marvin "getting us back on track". He's got all the clowning and the idiocy of the Blackburn & Brown Connection to contend with.

Remember--you can polish only so many terds before giving up.

Mikey's going to find some way of f**king this up.

:angry: