The NHL's Lockout

BengalszoneBilly

I think it very well may be, seeing how hockey doesn't have near the fan support as the other major sports, or even Nascar for that matter.

Do I care? Personally...no. I couldn't care less about hockey, but it's ramifications in regards as to how other sports may approach the same issues with their players will be interesting to see.

Any other views on this issue?

So much of the product was put into the players' salaries -- an exponentially higher percentage than all the major sports -- thus putting teams into potential bankruptcy as well as the league. How can the Penguins go into Bankruptcy when winning the cup a year before?

This is needed for the league to survive.. but frankly I don't care; never much cared for hockey and I played it in Minnesota (if that defines the state of NHL, then I don't know what does)...

Goodbye hockey, cause pro hockey is dead in the states officially now, it's been on life support for the past decade. It's a shame really, the players murdered the game that paid them...It's disgraceful. Do they not look out in the stands at games and see the piss poor attendance? Do they not see that more people watch wrestling on TV than Hockey? The owners aren't faultless, how do you think the players got so well paid in the first place? But the players steadfast refusal for a salary cap has made them seem petty and greedy.

the players steadfast refusal for a salary cap has made them seem petty and greedy.

I'd wager if they had the opportunity now to revisit a salary cap vote, they'd be a whole lot more receptive to it, seeing how the salary cap has been set to $0 across the entire board!

Oh...and if your agent advised against a salary cap, fire that short sighted individual! He just cost you far more money than he could ever be worth. <_<