don't believe the hype....

dcm

It seems the IN thing to do is to trash the Fins and their organization at every turn this off-season....alot of it desreved.

But....do not buy the hype of how bad this offense is. The 1st game against last years' number one rush defense (Titans) should not be used a measuring stick as to how this offense can truly perform. Losing both the starting and second string tailback (who also was the third down back) Minor and Morris respectively, BOTH in the first half, was a crushing blow to the offense. Add in the fact that our starting fullback Rob Konrad was also out.....it spelled disaster. Mix in a couple Fiedler floaters, both in Titans territory, one on the 20....and a game that was very well played by the Fin defense slowly slipped away....

Lamar Gordon was forced into action on a fulltime basis after only being in Miami for 2 friggin' days...2! He had no idea of any pass protection schemes never mind what routes he was supposed to run as an outlet. After a full week (plus an extra day) of practice .....this offense should be better equipped to show what they can do....Feeley showed some flashes and doesn't seem like a "deer in the headlights" type of QB....confident and can make all the throws....

Not here to tell you how the Fins are headed to the Super Bowl....just letting you know that the Offense should show a little better than against the Titans....and that is not a knock on your defense...I just think the O will be better prepared.

Good Luck this week and looking forward to a great game.....btw, glad to see the BENGALS back on Prime Time!

i dont think anyone is underestimating the ability of the phins. They have a great defense still and a very good receiver core. Their running game and quarterbacks ability need alot of work and will help our mileagured defense. In my opinion at least.

The thing about the Dolphins is that no one outside of Florida really knows much about them. Their defense looks like the typical tough they annually are, however, their offense has me concerned from AJ's Philly short success or a RB that was backup to Marshal Faulk, it's really hard to get a gauge on your team and that's a definite advantage.

I am curious though to see how Carson performs against a defense as good as yours.

BTW - Your offense will look the 49er's of the 80s if our defense plays like they did Sunday.

Anyone to hold off McNair the way they did is tough in my book as well..

Good luck to yourself and stay safe from those blasted 'Canes (the real ones).

It seems the IN thing to do is to trash the Fins and their organization at every turn this off-season....alot of it deserved.

Good Luck this week and looking forward to a great game.....btw, glad to see the BENGALS back on Prime Time!

Actually dcm, during the off season the one and only thing our members here at Bengalszone trashed about the Dolphins was Ricky Williams, and the way in which he "retired" from the NFL! He also showed absolutely no class by not giving ANY warning or notice to the team mates and the Miami coaching staff!

Also the timing of his announcement couldn't have been WORSE for Miami! By waiting until a week away from training camp to retire, he really stuck it to them by leaving the Dolphins few if ANY options for replacing him due to the draft being over, and the FA market picked clean!

And who's Ricky trying to bulls**t with these off the wall reasons he suddenly chose to leave the game? Everyone knows for a fact that except for a few "old school" Rastafarian friends of Bob Marley...few people live the "Herbal Life" as large as Ricky Williams! :rolleyes:

As far as being back on prime time, we too are overjoyed about the long awaited return of Cincy to one of the NFLs premier stages. Hopefully we don't stink it up by having our defense from last week make a return appearance in this game. So welcome to the board dcm, and may the best team win come Sunday night! :player:

It'll be harder to score vs. Fins D than Jets. Hendu didn't blitz cause he knew his front 4 could get the push vs. run and pass and his LBs could plug the gaps to stop Rudi, which they did well.

Fins should blitz the scheist out of Palmer cause their secondary is much better than Jets and can handle man better to free up safety blitzes and nickel backs from the slot. Seau might be flying in like crazy, too. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bengals blitzed every fourth play or so.

Bengals D faces a Fins O in flux, but Fins will probably move ball well and punch it in at least a couple times. Booker looks like he creates a match-up problem w/ O Neal. I'd almost rather see Madieu in vs. Booker and ONeal as the nickel. Dolphins O line only has 1 starter from last year. Frazier, Bresnahan, Kubla Khan, some freaking body, needs to put together some plays to capitalize on the O Line inexperience. McMichael will be hard to stop regardless.

It'll be harder to score vs. Fins D than Jets. Hendu didn't blitz cause he knew his front 4 could get the push vs. run and pass and his LBs could plug the gaps to stop Rudi, which they did well.

Fins should blitz the scheist out of Palmer cause their secondary is much better than Jets and can handle man better to free up safety blitzes and nickel backs from the slot. Seau might be flying in like crazy, too. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bengals blitzed every fourth play or so.

Bengals D faces a Fins O in flux, but Fins will probably move ball well and punch it in at least a couple times. Booker looks like he creates a match-up problem w/ O Neal. I'd almost rather see Madieu in vs. Booker and ONeal as the nickel. Dolphins O line only has 1 starter from last year. Frazier, Bresnahan, Kubla Khan, some freaking body, needs to put together some plays to capitalize on the O Line inexperience. McMichael will be hard to stop regardless.

There is no way that the Phins o-line is better than the Jets o-line, and remember we had 2 veterans in the secondary that where out.

Jets O line is solid no doubt. Martin 196, Penny misses soemthing like only 3 out of 27 passes if 2 aren't drop. That does their talking -- real loud and clear.

Right too about Mickens and McGraw, though more drop off w/ Mickens out than McGraw. No Mickens was another reason for Hendu to call more zone and not blitz. Hendu made the right calls to adjust. That bodes well for Jets.

Point is w/ Fins Surtain and Madison are cruel and unusual. Knight is a headknocker. Might be a drop w/ loss of Marion but Freeman was a solid backup and Edwards looks like a good pickup. Buckley loss looks like a wash with Howard and Poole. Fins secondary is still upper eschelon. 67 yards to McNair last week.

Fins O-line is an untested unit was point there. They shouldn't be anywhere as tight together as Jets were.