Poll on ESPN!!

BengalBobNC

What Parcells has done is impressive. I have yet to see a cowboy game, but I noticed that the tuna coaxed a good back out of retirement in Adrian Murrell. Fortunately their running back situation had an obvious resolution; letting emmitt go. Perhaps the bengals now have such a situation.

BUT my vote for coach of the year right now goes to Coach Lewis, I just can't get myself to call him Marvin. Maybe it's the name.

KUDOS to coach Lewis!

First things first, I will put in my vote for NFL coach of the year when the year is through. But...at this point...I have to hand it to Bill Parcells.

No offense to Marvin Lewis. And he still may take the prize. After all, Bill's been here before (and before and before) and Marvin is in season #1 as an NFL HC (and is still making mistakes, as seen in the no-time-out FG screwup in the first half). But Dallas has less to work with and tho they have had a relatively -- I won't say easy, but "soft" sked -- there is no way on Earth they should have the record they do. The Bengals could be expected to get 5 or 6 wins, they had talent but crappy coaching. The Cowboys had little talent and no coaching. And now they're in the driver's seat.

Personal disclaimer: I hate Bill Parcells. I think he is massively over-rated. However, I have to face the clear possibility that I am a total idiot. Bill's the man...so far.

JoiseyCat, one thing to consider about what Parcells has done with the cowgirls is that they are in the NFC. Let's face facts, the NFC sucks. I mean the NFC is so bad, the Browns would have a winning record if they played in the conference. Parcells has done a good job with them, but what Coach Lewis has done with the Bengals is just so much more impressive. He has taken a team that has lost for 12 years, and has got them playing, and believing. He has got fans believing, he's improved their nation reputation...He has changed the entire organization for pities sake! You know there are several GMs sitting out there hating themselves for not signing him as their head coach when they had a chance. Coach Lewis should be the Coach of the year barring a total collapse.

cheers

Coach Lewis should be the Coach of the year barring a total collapse.

If indeed that collapse doesn't happen, you may be right. Again, let's wait a few more weeks and see how things play out. The real test for both Parcells's Cowboys and Lewis' Bengals -- winning the big games in December with the playoffs on the line -- is still to come.

Parcells might have been knocked down a notch after last nights shutout...

Actually, hey dropped 3% in the voting and is only beating Coach Lewis by about 2% now. The Cowboys are overated and are gonna get their butts handed to them over the next few weeks. (I hate the cowboys about as much as I hate the Old Browns :angry: ) But all the voting by fans don't really amount to much, it's the pros that make the call at the end of the season, and I have a feeling they'll be calling Coach Lewis, or Coach Bellicheck cause the media is in love with him.(not that he hasn't done a good job with the pats, but he did run the Browns into the ground bless him :D )

cheers