Chevy Rock & Roll 400

kevnz

Richmond at night, the final "regular season" race before the playoffs start. I have a feeling we are gonna see some drivers let it all hang out to try to make it into the top ten. I wouldn't mind seeing Gordon and Johnson have bad nights and get a few more drivers in that 400 point window.

My winners.

DJ, Martin (is there anyone hotter than Mark Martin at the moment?), and Jr...

Who makes it into the top 10?

I don't see a lot of movement I'm afraid....But I don't expect Kahne to make it in cause he's not shown much at short tracks. I'd expect either Labonte or maybe DJ to get in the top 10. It will be curious to see what lengths people go to to try to get in or stay in the top 10....And let's just hope everybody stays the hell away from Robby Gordon or else he'll wreck everbody in front of Harvick. :ph34r:

Like I said in the previous race thread, Mark Martin and his team are jelling at just the right time. He'd be possibly as high as 8th instead of 10th in the standings if they didn't have the lug nut penalty in the one race, and his mental pit road error in the race at Bristol. He's definitely my #1 choice for the winner in this last race before the chase.

If any Chevy driver can win at this track, it's Jeff Gordon. Also the 24 team will be looking to regain momentum after last weekends DNF caused by a rare Hendricks blown engine.

As far as the drivers for Dodge, I look for Jamie McMurray, currently sitting in 11th, to pull out all the stops in a last ditch attempt to squeeze into the Chase!

I anticipate a real wild and wooly one, probably with some very unconventional pit calls, and more than likely some VERY hot tempers!

I can't wait!! The Bengals first game of the season AND this pivotal race being televised simultaneously!?! Good thing my living room has two 27" T.V.'s!! :lol:

This race for the chase has me hooked. I might actually watch the last 10 races for once, especially if 12 or 13 of them make it in.

How could you watch this far into the schedule and NOT watch the final races to determine the Champion! :o

That's like leaving the football game at the end of the 3rd quarter with the score tied!! If the issue is conflicting race and kickoff times on Sunday, well what better excuse do you need to go out and buy another 27" color T.V. with P.I.P. for that third viewing option that you never know when you may need! :D