Best Thing About the Win Over KC

HoosierCat

The OFFENSE finished it off. We ran out the clock on the Chiefs. That's been a big thing this year: we needed the D to come up big in the Seattle game to seal the win, and we lost to Pitt because we could not get the ball back in the last five minutes. BIG BIG BIG day for the O. They won a big game today.

I don't know about that. I would have to say this was a total game, everyone won it. Offense, Defense, and Special Teams. All 3 units played great. The offense racked up the yards, first downs, and time, the defense kept the high powered Chiefs offense in check, and the Special teams kept Hall in check and scored a touchdown on a punt return. That's a complete Football game there folks.

Cheers

Oh, don't get me wrong, kev, it was indeed a complete team win -- but that's my point, the O finally stepped up and did what they needed to do. When there's 2 minutes left, ya get the first down and take three knees to call it quits...and they did that today. Specifically, Rudi did it today with his big run in the fourth. I simply cannot stress how important that is, but the easiest way to make sure you win a close game is to keep the ball until the clock hits :00. It was a joy beyond description to see them do that today.

I hate to admit being like this, but for me the best thing about this win is getting to rub Spikes' nose in it ....... just a little.

After our game in Buffalo they asked if he was impressed by the changes that Marvin Lewis had made in Cincinnati. His response was something to the affect of .. what changes ? What has he done? All I know is their record. How many games have they won??

The changes would be that we just beat the team that crushed you by 33 points. The team that you just lost to is the one we beat last week. The change is that even thouogh its by a tie breaker, we're leading our division. We've only won 2 in a row, but how many in a row have you lost ??

The things that haven't changed is that you and your butt buddy coach are still on a sorry ass loser of a team and would love to be at .500.

Remember when he got to Buffalo and he was smiling and took that deep breath and said " I can just smell the playoffs." Well if he can still smell playoffs its beacuse there's a stong wind coming out of Cincinnati.

I don't know if Spikes is still happy about being in Bufflao or not, but I'm glad he is.

redsfan2....Well I didn't wanna be the first to say it but since you opened the door I just have to take a shot......

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHA.................

Ahh, that feels better. I just wanna ask Takeo how does it feel contending for a division title? What's that you say? You're how many games out of first place? You're how far back in the wild card race? How high do you think you'll be drafting? Oh, so how's Dick?

HAHAHAHA....

I hope the door hit him on his ass on the way out of Cincinnati...

redsfan2....Well I didn't wanna be the first to say it but since you opened the door I just have to take a shot......

HAHAHAHAHA.................

Ahh, that feels better. I just wanna ask Takeo how does it feel contending for a division title? What's that you say? You're how many games out of first place? You're how far back in the wild card race? How high do you think you'll be drafting? Oh, so how's Dick?

HAHAHAHA....

I hope the door hit him on his ass on the way out of Cincinnati...

Couldn't stop laughing long enough to answer this.

TKO will let you know how it feels to contend for a title as soon as he's off the phone with Simmons.

Answers to both questions about how many games they're out are the same. More than if he'd stayed here.

How's Dick ????????? the answer is contained in the question.

If the door did hit him in the butt on the way out, he'd have had brain damage.

Interesting point to consider. He says he thought about staying for about 1 minute and then came to his senses. Asked coach Lewis not to match the offer. My point is that if you check the dates of the transactions, Hardy was signed about 3 days before Spikes was in Buffalo. Kinda makes you wonder who it was that really decided he was leaving doesn't it ????

Kinda makes you wonder who it was that really decided he was leaving doesn't it ????

I don't wonder at all. Coach Lewis showed him the door, with a smile on his face. Everyone knows who calls the shots on the Bengals, and that was one of Coach Lewis' fist shots.