P-Dub May Be P-Done?

kingwilly

Peter Warrick and his knee are beginning to really concern me.

Peter Warrick's knee is still being "rested". He had the torn cartilage last Dec. and it was "fixed" then. Since then he has been in rehab with it and has been held out of most of the intensive training camp sessions and drills. It seems like every time there is a report, it starts with, "Peter Warrick was not in the drill but was on an adjacent field with an ice bag on his knee."

What is the real story here? Is his knee shot? How concerned are the rest of you with his knee still being iced daily, having virtually no work with the first team off., and the season starting less than 3 weeks from now?

I can't help but think his knee is shot. His bread and butter is getting people to miss on short to med. depth routes underneath coverage. This requires healthy knees and plenty of work to get to top form. Even a knee that is 95% won't spell YAC in the NFL no matter who the receiver is. His situation has me nervous especially since the alternatives are TJ, Patrick Johnson, Walter, Mann and Broussard (gotta love the flashy speed with the little guy).

I don't know folks. We sure do seem to be getting worked up about this. There is a possibility that it could be very serious, but up to this point, I think we have no choice other than to go on what we're being told...

If the season started today, he would be healthy enough to play. I'm going to go with that until I hear official word otherwise. Based upon that information, my biggest concern is that he won't really get up to playing condition until a few weeks into the regular season. He won't have his game legs those first few weeks...

Does anyone have any info on PW, it seems strange that he had surgery last year during the season and then played 10 days later yet he seems reluctant to go this year. I for one think he has to be an important part of this years offense :unsure:

Does anyone have any info on PW, it seems strange that he had surgery last year during the season and then played 10 days later yet he seems reluctant to go this year. I for one think he has to be an important part of this years offense :unsure:

A preseason game just isn't worth the risk. Better to be safe than sorry. Like Skyline said if this was the regular season he'd be in there.

Good thing I asked a Orthopaedist about this..

Dr. William Craven " Most arthroscopic surgeries can take up to a full year or more to truly recuperate from. And even then the Knee or shoulder is never really 100 %. We can treat most tears with medicine and light surgery, but for serious damage, it's really just up to the body of the individual and how hard they work with physical therapy to restrengthen the area."

- This is the same man that played in the NFL during the '70s'. and performed my shoulder surgery last September ! - So I'll trust his word that it just takes time and rehab to keep this from being an issue of debate.

I think he is hurt worse than they let on. His knee is just not recovering.

I agree that holding him out is the best thing, preseason is basically a 4 week try-out. He does not need to tryout.

Time will tell. Maybe smoke and mirrors or his knee is just going to be an ongoing issue that they will need to deal with.

If it does become aggravated (week 1, or later), does he go on IR? Who do they keep?

I agree that holding him out is the best thing, preseason is basically a 4 week try-out. He does not need to tryout.

If a QB is brand new into the starting lineup, WRs need time to feel the pass. More so, QBs need to work with WRs in how they go through their routes and react towards certain defensive schemes.

While mostly I agree, it's just pre-season games, I'm also in the belief that Carson and PW need some time to work together in full speed games to get a better idea of how each will react towards certain situations.