Vincent Takes Out Losman

Way to go, Troy :rolleyes:

Bills QB Losman injured in practice

.c The Associated Press

PITTSFORD, N.Y. (AP) - Buffalo Bills rookie quarterback J.P. Losman was taken off the field Tuesday afternoon with an injury to his left ankle.

Losman was hurt an hour into practice as he finished a run. As he was pulling up, cornerback Troy Vincent laid a shoulder into his upper body, him over.

Losman immediately started limping and fell to the ground. Trainers attended to him for about five minutes on the field and Vincent came over and shook his hand.

Losman needed help getting up and was unable to put any weight on the injured leg. He was taken to the locker room on a cart.

The quarterback was selected with the 22nd overall pick, Buffalo's second of the first round. He is being groomed as Drew Bledsoe's eventual successor.

I wonder if Bills fans are still happy he picked them over us today?

No doubt. Apparently, Troy broke the kid's leg! He had surgery today and is out an estimated 8-12 weeks, last I saw. Tough break (no pun intended) for JP; he had a good chance of playing this year if Bledsoe didn't improve.

On the other hand, given the Bills o-line, maybe sitting on the bench this year isn't the worst thing that could happen... :lol:

No doubt. Apparently, Troy broke the kid's leg! He had surgery today and is out an estimated 8-12 weeks, last I saw. Tough break (no pun intended) for JP; he had a good chance of playing this year if Bledsoe didn't improve.

On the other hand, given the Bills o-line, maybe sitting on the bench this year isn't the worst thing that could happen... :lol:

Guess it gives a new meaning to "welcome to the NFL kid". ^_^^_^

The Buffalo area papers are saying that the contact was not intentional, that Losman tried to break back to the middle of the field instead of running out of bounds and he bumped shoulders pads with Troy landing awkwardly. Vincent said he just kept running after the contact and didn't even realize that Losman had been knocked down until he stopped and looked back.

Bledsoe didn't hurt his team's confidence in him, they have bigger issues to address. Henry and McGahee have to learn to co-exist for this season at least.

Also, their 2nd string QB Travis Brown (I think his name is) has been doing a pretty good job with the offense this preseason, so Losman will just get more time to carry the clipboard and prepare for the future.

Still sucks for Losman, though...ouch!!1 :(