Any Positive Reviews on Palmer?

walzav29

This is getting on my nerves. I haven't heard anything outside of Bengal websites that gives any praise to Palmer. If Vick runs for 13 yards it's on Sports Center 35 times a day. Palmer throws for 3 TD's and all I hear about is the Pats "vanilla" D. If I'm not mistaken people are wanting him to fail for some reason.

I agree I've been looking for a highlight because I missed sportscenter and I haven't seen anything. I just hear people talking about how the Patriots D looked bad and the new rules are going to make it hard on the Pat's Dbacks. I thought they would be showing the highlight at some point this week. Thats the Bengals and their coverage by the national media for ya...no respect.

This is getting on my nerves. I haven't heard anything outside of Bengal websites that gives any praise to Palmer. If Vick runs for 13 yards it's on Sports Center 35 times a day. Palmer throws for 3 TD's and all I hear about is the Pats "vanilla" D. If I'm not mistaken people are wanting him to fail for some reason.

I think its better that way actually.....people are letting him slip under their radars, all the better.....that way when he does explode on some Kurt Warner Rams s**t, they'll be all shocked and mystified and hop right on his dick...

Check out ESPN Mort from his online chat

Jeff from Boston: Hey Mort! I know you can't read too much into preseason games, but I'd like your thoughts on a couple of surprising developments: Man, did the Bengals make the Pats look bad. Is Palmer going to do better than Manning in his first year as starter? Also, the Jags were my sleeper team to pull off a Carolina Panthers season from last year, but they don't look like they're ready from what I've seen. Do they still have a shot? Thanks!

Chris Mortensen: (11:04 AM ET ) The preseason game had the smell of a set-up. The Patriots and Bengals play in week 14. I think Belichick wanted to get Palmer cozy. I could be wrong, but that's what I think. Palmer has a chance to have a better "first" year than Manning because he sat a season and Peyton played right off the bat. But, again, I'm not sure. Physically, Palmer is more gifted than about 90 percent of the QBs in the NFL. He is surrounded with talent and a good O-line. As for the Jags, I think people are too excited about them but they will play defense and that's a big thing. Plus, their division is very tough.

Mort smells a set up! The only thing I smell is Mort. WTF!!! Belichick is lulling Palmer into delusions of grandeur as game strategy 4 months in advance. That's flat out ignorant IMO.

Yeah Mort, of course he was setting Palmer up. It's been in his game plan to go over two years without losing a preseason game just to set up Carson Palmer and the Bengals. That makes all the sense in the world you idiot! <_<

I thought the same thing afterwards as Mort. While I think the Bengals played a great game and may have won it in Regular Season -- by 3 not 28 -- the Pats looked nothing like they did last season during the pre-season.

I definitely understand and can see why Mort would think that.

This was the 4th game in the past 5 years the Pats have played a team they play in the regular season. If anyone wants to do a little research, find out how the Pats fared against the team during the regular season.

BTW - the win makes the Bengals 3-1 against the Pats all-time in pre-season play.

I thought the same thing afterwards as Mort. While I think the Bengals played a great game and may have won it in Regular Season -- by 3 not 28 -- the Pats looked nothing like they did last season during the pre-season.

I definitely understand and can see why Mort would think that.

This was the 4th game in the past 5 years the Pats have played a team they play in the regular season. If anyone wants to do a little research, find out how the Pats fared against the team during the regular season.

BTW - the win makes the Bengals 3-1 against the Pats all-time in pre-season play.

You agree that the Pats lost on PURPOSE to trick the Bengals into feeling confident??

If so, Kirk, step slowly away from your keyboard... ;)

I agree entirely that the Pats will be exact opposites come regular season, but to say they lost in purpose is a bit absurd.

You agree that the Pats lost on PURPOSE to trick the Bengals into feeling confident??

Took my words a little far from context didn't you Sky. ^_^^_^

No, I don't think the Pats lost on purpose. I do think we saw about 20% of the typical Pats playbook on both offense and defense.

Why would they do this? Because I believe that Belichick is just that arrogant.

Let me fix your typo Josh....

Belichick, you mean "Billick" is that arrogant! :P

I hate that dude...

Nobody thinks the sun sets and rises before their feet than Brian Billick or however you spell the dang name.... I hate these guys last names... :wacko:

If Belichick was hiding anything then why was he so pissed at his starting defense that he sent them back in for parts of the third and fouth quarters..??

- The fact is, whether it was vanilla or not, Marvin Lewis had them prepared for what they would see, and the Pats got their asses handed to them in gift bags.

Carson Palmer " Coach Brat and Lewis, went over game film of what we would expect from the Patriots , and we devised a plan from there ".

Last time I checked that's what teams are supposed to do, examine game film and then devise a plan to beat the other team, so if Belichick didn't do the same, then maybe he should start taking Preseason a little more serious and stop blaming his players !

- As for good reviews, look for the rebroadcast of NFL Networks' Playbook. - Sterling Sharpe had a couple of nice comments about the switch to Palmer from Kitna.