McGahee: "Start Me By Opening Day Or Trade Me?"

...according to CBS "sources" that is. A team takes a big chance on a guy when he was hurt, and he does this, pitiful. He's going to be a good one but what an a$$ if this is true. I hope Rudi and Perry don't get into the same squabble. :)

You've always needed two very good RB's in the NFL for the last 20 years. He should bide his time a little longer and simply beat out Henry for the bulk of the carries then.

CBS Sportsline Story

...33... that is what i'm afraid of as well ... although i guess you probably are not actually afraid of it happening, merely stating it :) ...

...we at the jets sites never quite understood why the bills took mcgahee with henry already on the roster...

...at least with the jets, lamont didn't have the supposed value of mcgahee when the jets picked him & who knew curtis was going to pull a cal ripkin streak at rb...

i'll be curious to see what may happen with the bills & will they trade one of those guys within the division if miami comes calling ... i hope not ... it will not be pretty to have 6 games against henry, dillon, & mcgahee ... although you know we're pleased to not have to face ricky williams mon' ... B)

l_j_r

...33... that is what i'm afraid of as well ... although i guess you probably are not actually afraid of it happening, merely stating it :) ...

...we at the jets sites never quite understood why the bills took mcgahee with henry already on the roster...

...at least with the jets, lamont didn't have the supposed value of mcgahee when the jets picked him & who knew curtis was going to pull a cal ripkin streak at rb...

i'll be curious to see what may happen with the bills & will they trade one of those guys within the division if miami comes calling ... i hope not ... it will not be pretty to have 6 games against henry, dillon, & mcgahee ... although you know we're pleased to not have to face ricky williams mon' ... B)

l_j_r

I now live in the Buffalo area, and if that report is true then the Bills are doing a good job of not letting it out to the media around here. Usually a player can't fart without it being part of that nights camp recap on the news, so if there was a trade demand by McGahee then its been hushed.

BTW-most people around here couldn't figure out why the Bills took him either.

This has been discussed to death on the Bill's fan site twobillsdrive.com.

It appears that it came from McGhee's agent - the infamous Drew Rosenhaus.

McGhee has a heavily incentive-laden contract (the knee injury), and Rosenhaus' cut depends on how much McGhee earns.

It was in the paper for the 1st time yesterday, but the paper was getting its info from the cbs source, not the Bills. I saw that it was his agent, and if I were McGahee I'd tell him to back off. He's got a good thing here in Buffalo, they're paying him a lot of money to be a 2nd back, and it makes the team better all around. Besides, if he sticks it out, shows he can produce and not be a detriment to the team he will be rewarded in a couple of years.

A lot of he-said he-said on this one so it's hard to believe whatever anyone says. If this is true, this looks like another case of Dillonitis.

At least Dillon had 7 years and numerous team records before his meltdown. Neither Henry ( who fumbles way too much ) nor McGahee ( who should obviously spend more time thanking the football gods that be, for even being able to come back from 3 torn ligaments and a fractured kneecap ) are in a position to whine about each others playing time.

The fact is, Neither will be on the field long enough this year as Bledsoe's retirement looms closer and closer ! His skills have greatly diminished and and just throws a very awkward ball now. Why do you think they mortgaged the future on the kid from Tulane...?? :lol: