Adewale Ogunleye To Be Traded?

From Washington Times...

Unable to sign Adewale Ogunleye to a long-term contract, the Dolphins have begun to gauge trade interest from other NFL clubs for the Pro Bowl defensive end, according to the Miami Herald . The Redskins already have shown an interest in Ogunleye, offering Miami a first- round pick in exchange for the 26-year-old earlier this summer, according to league sources. If the Dolphins do shop around the premier pass rusher, he likely would draw a hefty asking price.

Yeah, not a surprise by any means. Don't think the Bengals would have any chance of affording him, though.

I'm sure money would be an issue -- Mikey is still the owner, after all -- but I can think of ways even O-gun's eye-popping demands could be fit under the cap. The real question is what the fish would want, and given recent events in Miami...well, we know what their needs are.

I think we had this discussion earlier, and if they were willing to do a Rudy-for-O-gun swap, I would pull the trigger. Heck, I'll even throw in TJ! :)

Yeah i was on a Turds board a minute ago and they think that the Fins will take James Jackson for him....morons! :player:

Nice edit job.... ^_^

The post you refer to says Rumor was Miami inquired about trading him for Andre Davis and Quincy Morgan. Reponses to the rumor on the boards was overwhelming opinion they could have Quincy Morgan and James Jackson, but never Andre Davis.

Here is the thread for those interested.. (warning it is long [122 responses])

http://dawgtalk.clevelandbrowns.com/ubbthr...rt=1#Post731020