Super Bore Thread

HoosierCat

Something to ponder. It seems like Pete Carroll is bearing the brunt of the criticism for the play call and clock management for ending of last Sunday's Super Bowl game. What if you transpose Marvin Lewis for Pete Carroll and Andy Dalton for Russell Wilson?

Every Bengals site on the web would be unreadable, that's for sure. But to be fair, I think that can be said if you swapped out any coach and QB combination. That play was an epic fail regardless of the laundry involved.

Agree.

If it were the Bengals and we have Jeremy Hill running hard to end the game, I would be pissed to see a slant at the goal line to Sanzenbacher.

Sh*t would be set to flame at home and work. Well, maybe not to that extreme, but I would at least snap a pencil in half.

Don't forget the 1981 SB goal line stand Bengals vs 49ers.

One pass attempt and 3 tries with Pete Johnson. Turned the ball over on downs.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something to ponder. It seems like Pete Carroll is bearing the brunt of the criticism for the play call and clock management for ending of last Sunday's Super Bowl game. What if you transpose Marvin Lewis for Pete Carroll and Andy Dalton for Russell Wilson?

Every Bengals site on the web would be unreadable, that's for sure. But to be fair, I think that can be said if you swapped out any coach and QB combination. That play was an epic fail regardless of the laundry involved.

Agree.

If it were the Bengals and we have Jeremy Hill running hard to end the game, I would be pissed to see a slant at the goal line to Sanzenbacher.

Sh*t would be set to flame at home and work. Well, maybe not to that extreme, but I would at least snap a pencil in half.

Again, there's never a guarantee the play is going to be successful.

There was no guarantee that had they in fact handed the ball to Lynch that he would have simply waltzed into the endzone and in turn win the game.

However, in that situation you have to put the ball in the hands of the player that gives you the best odds of making the play.

I believe that is what the Bengals did in 1981 and what the Seahawks should have done Sunday.

Agree.

Again, there's never a guarantee the play is going to be successful.

There was no guarantee that had they in fact handed the ball to Lynch that he would have simply waltzed into the endzone and in turn win the game.

However, in that situation you have to put the ball in the hands of the player that gives you the best odds of making the play.

I believe that is what the Bengals did in 1981 and what the Seahawks should have done Sunday.

On the 4th and goal play the group I was watching the game were all shouting bootleg, pass, anything but Johnson again. Right or wrong, after Johnson got stuffed on 4th and goal we were livid!

I was at that Super Bowl with my Dad and uncles with endzone seats on that side of the field.

The Bengals fans there were all saying "Lets punch it in this time Pete" and were pissed when he was stuffed.

I suppose people could question that call then, but I didn't hear it among the fans around us and I don't feel that way today.

Still the right call in my mind. The Seahawks ?? Not so much.

As always though, people are going to see things in a different light and feel differently about it.

It doesn't surprise me to hear your experience.

I was at that Super Bowl with my Dad and uncles with endzone seats on that side of the field.

The Bengals fans there were all saying "Lets punch it in this time Pete" and were pissed when he was stuffed.

I suppose people could question that call then, but I didn't hear it among the fans around us and I don't feel that way today.

Still the right call in my mind. The Seahawks ?? Not so much.

As always though, people are going to see things in a different light and feel differently about it.

It doesn't surprise me to hear your experience.

There's really no right or wrong call. There ARE percentage calls and I believe in both circumstances the percentage call was Johnson and Lynch two tries.

At that point, it's a toss up. Do you go with third time's a charm, or, since they are expecting one more time with the RB, let's roll with play action pass/botleg, something they aren't expecting.