Was the loss of Gruden good for the Bengals?

bigpapibre

I think the loss of Gruden will actually be good, he handled Andy and Gio terribly. And Guenther is a good replacement for Zimmer, but Marvin and Mike Brown are still running the show. And it sucks. I agree with everything in this article about the situation --> http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cincinnati-bengals-coordinator-losses-actually-beneficial-marvin-lewis-172700884--nfl.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory

Without Marvin Lewis this team would not have three winning seasons in a row, playoff births, their excellent coaching staff, or their talented roster. And Mike Brown willingly gave over to ML the authority he needed to turn the franchise around. It amuses me to see the way that people still point at Mike Brown and blame him for what they don't like about the Bengals. If you are a Bengals fan old enough to remember the pre-Marvin Lewis era you probably wouldn't be spewing such shite.

Without Marvin Lewis this team would not have three winning seasons in a row, playoff births, their excellent coaching staff, or their talented roster. And Mike Brown willingly gave over to ML the authority he needed to turn the franchise around. It amuses me to see the way that people still point at Mike Brown and blame him for what they don't like about the Bengals. If you are a Bengals fan old enough to remember the pre-Marvin Lewis era you probably wouldn't be spewing such shite.

I go back to the begninning blueridge, was 15 when they came to town.

The only thing I can add to what you said was, that even though Mike doesn't have his father's football mind, he has given up more control to someone that has a 'better' football mind than he has.

Looking back, I think one of the biggest mistakes Paul Brown made was when he allowed his ego to get in the way, when he stepped down as HC, and chose Tiger Johnson over Bill Walsh, apparently because he and Walsh had unresolved issues.

That, in and of itself, could have led to a different path for the team.