Reds vs. Astros

ArmyBengal

After blowing the game last night and dropping to 3.5 back, the Reds start up a 3 game series at Houston.

Cueto, Leake, and Reynolds will start during the series. This pushes Latos to go up against the Pirates in that opener.

The Cards and Pirates start up series on the road against the Rockies and Padres.

While neither is going to the post season, they both play much better at home.

It's an opportunity for the Reds I would rather not see them waste.

GO REDS !!!

It's been a frustrating week or so. The division feels out of reach at this point, barring some spectacular good fortune. Even getting homefield in the wild card play-in looks unlikely.

I hope the Reds can make do. It always seems to be the most mediocre playoff teams that end up winning it all lately. wink.gif

They said they really don't know what they have in Cueto and will find out tonight.

I guess if you had to pick a team to "see what you've got" it would be the Astros.

The wild card is all but wrapped up minus the melt down of all melt downs.

We still play the Pirates 6 more times, so while they might not win the central, chances to get that wild card game at home are reasonable.

Well, there you go. The Padres and Rockies continue to play well at home beating both the Pirates and Cards last night.

The Reds win 6-1 with Cueto going 5 scoreless innings while striking out 5.

Sure was nice to see Cueto out there doing his thing again.

2.5 games back again. Hoping to see a repeat of last night !!!

Cingrani tweaked his side again and I think they were trying to shift things in order to get Latos to start the first game against the Pirates.

I can't say as i'm a big fan of Reynolds at this point, but doing things like this in a series against the Astros is the place to do it.

Yeah, nice seeing Marshall as well. I knew I forgot to mention something.

Thanks !!

Ok, so it took them 13 innings, but the Reds got the win last night 6-5.

I couldn't stay up until the end and fell a couple innings short.

Bruce had three doubles in the game last night. Had 7 hits and 10 RBI's against the Astros.

He just was dominant playing back home in front of family.

Billy Hamilton's first start ?? Nothing more to say than WOW. Allow me to review his night.

He goes 3-4 with an RBI and 2 runs scored (1 game winning). But wait, there's more.

He had 4 steals and you have to go back to 1920 to find the last time a player had 4 steals in their first start.

He reached base 5 times and beat out an infield hit. SPEED.

He is 9 of 9 in stolen bases since coming to the bigs and I loved the quote from the Astros catcher last night:

"Four stolen bases and we weren't even close, we even pitched out and he steals on the pitcher and the catcher. He's one of a kind."

I'm not annointing him to next Hall of Fame player, but rather simply acknowledging his effort last night and how special he appears.

I'm hoping to continue seeing him get his chances.

All that being said, I still would like to see them hold onto Choo more than this season.

The outfield last night of Choo, Hamilton, and Bruce looks good to me.

Ok, so it took them 13 innings, but the Reds got the win last night 6-5.

I couldn't stay up until the end and fell a couple innings short.

Bruce had three doubles in the game last night. Had 7 hits and 10 RBI's against the Astros.

He just was dominant playing back home in front of family.

Billy Hamilton's first start ?? Nothing more to say than WOW. Allow me to review his night.

He goes 3-4 with an RBI and 2 runs scored (1 game winning). But wait, there's more.

He had 4 steals and you have to go back to 1920 to find the last time a player had 4 steals in their first start.

He reached base 5 times and beat out an infield hit. SPEED.

He is 9 of 9 in stolen bases since coming to the bigs and I loved the quote from the Astros catcher last night:

"Four stolen bases and we weren't even close, we even pitched out and he steals on the pitcher and the catcher. He's one of a kind."

I'm not annointing him to next Hall of Fame player, but rather simply acknowledging his effort last night and how special he appears.

I'm hoping to continue seeing him get his chances.

All that being said, I still would like to see them hold onto Choo more than this season.

The outfield last night of Choo, Hamilton, and Bruce looks good to me.

I would love that outfield. Hamilton to run down anything hit in the gaps and two of the best arms in baseball patrolling the outfield corner spots.