PGA Championship This Weekend

Kirkendall

Some of you golfers need to check out the course at Whistling Straits. Some evil holes include a 618 yard par 5, 507 par 4, and a nasty looking 17. It's a 7,514 yard par 72.

If you get time, check out the fly by video on hole #17. http://www.pga.com/pgachampionship/2004/hole_17.html

Here's the home link if you want to check out the rest of hell on greens.. http://www.pga.com/pgachampionship/2004/

Personally , I think Tiger is playing good golf ! 6 out of his last 7 tournaments with 1 win and 6 top ten finishes..?? Sounds like he's still playing well, but unfortunately , because he is the only..... ONLY black golfer on the professional tour, he's being held to an unattainable status of invincibility..

- But that's how the Media marketed Tiger, He's black, He's winning major after major, and not only that he's winning by large margins- So we must make him Michael Jordan ( who played a team sport ) ! - the Media is using him as their excuse for ratings hitting a slump again, because Tiger isn't in contention on Sunday! - It's called sales... OH the reason why no one is watching on sunday is because Tiger Let Us Down..!! * How about the reason why no one is watching is because it's still Golf ! without the Ball and clubs, it'd just be walking ! And that's not a sport ! It's excercise. As Men we play golf to escape, work, wives, or for general horseplay, but our real drives come from sports that involve collisions. Football, Hockey, Boxing, and throw in a little of the new NBA ! WE as men want car crashes, beer, Die Hard movies, and a tee shirt with an un-bleach-able mustard stain on it! ;)

How long did it take Jack Nicklaus to win his 18 majors..? 30 + years I think , and Tiger has been pro for what...8 years now..?? Really folks, leave it alone, Don't hold him up to be slaughtered like that. Don't make him a focus of envy and hate, just appreciate the fact that he must be pretty damn good to hit a inch and a half ball into a 4 inch hole from 300 yards with ease ! How many of you are still struggling with putt - putt..?

* Whether Tiger wins or loses, he'll still make more money just for showing up and playing than any of us will make this year - MEGA MILLIONS not withstanding !!

- If he thinks his professional career is better in his own hands, then let it be, Butch Harmon isn't going to answer any of your calls begging him to help Tiger out, because you need Tiger to win every event !

Personally , I think Tiger is playing good golf ! 6 out of his last 7 tournaments with 1 win and 6 top ten finishes..?? Sounds like he's still playing well, but unfortunately , because he is the only..... ONLY black golfer on the professional tour, he's being held to an unattainable status of invincibility..

Actually I believe he is half black and half Thai, am I not right here? :blink: And yes...alot IS being expected of Tiger. Why? I don't see this as a color issue here. It's because of his past demonstrated ability to be a golfer that played well above the level of his peers.

The same went for John Daly. He was among the elite, then he had his problems, and now he has returned to prominence in the game. I don't expect Tiger to be any different. He's only human and will have his ups and downs. Recently he's been in a "down" cycle. I predict that's about to swing the other way. He's a winner that won't be down for for long.

Of course it's a color issue, Nike and Buick and American Express and ESPN market him as a Black athlete ! - That point should be made even clearer by the fact that Tiger Woods is the only " black " tour card member of the PGA !

- But the point is still the same, he's still playing good golf ! Finishing second and third over his last couple of tournaments, as well as the top ten finishes, let alone the fact that when by his own admission is playing poorly, he still finishes under par !!

- And John Daly never dominated like Tiger ! He out drove people like Happy Gilmore, but his putting was average ! He never won the masters by 15 strokes and then turned around and won it again by 7 the second time.

He also never won more than one major in a year..! Tiger won 3 in 2002 alone. and 4 straight from 2001 - 2002 ! He also never got his own video game, Nike Clubs, Buick edition SUV, let alone a talking club sock that talks ! :lol:

Also , Tiger has never needed rehab for alcohol abuse nor has he been arrested, and convicted of said crimes stemming from his vices ! - So there really isn't a comparison between the two if you ask me . He also hasn't shown up at events intoxicated and failed to finish a game by simply leaving during his scheduled matches ! - I'm glad John Daly is playing well now, and seems to have his life in order, but to compare the two golfers isn't really a fare comparison.

Of course it's a color issue, Nike and Buick and American Express and ESPN market him as a Black athlete ! - That point should be made even clearer by the fact that Tiger Woods is the only " black " tour card member of the PGA !

Sorry Chris. I just don't see Nike mentioning anything about Tiger Woods being Black/Thai. The same goes for Buick. Their point is him being a great golfer. I'm not looking at his skin tone. That irrelevant to me.

Why isn't Vijay Singh considered black? He's darker than tiger! :o

I've never picked up on the marketing using the race card. Where is it mentioned?

Tiger defines his career on how many majors he wins -- he's said it himself. He's not winning any right now.. that's pure and simple. He's won one tournament and that was a match play that doesn't have Ryder Cup implications. Of those six top tens, he's been within one stroke twice and the rest are about 5 strokes away.. clearly not Tigeresque.

The fact is, more people are talking about his close calls on making the cut instead of winning tourneys. Why do they do that, because in the past few years, he's been the best player on tour. He's led the most weeks at #1 in PGA history -- that's 332 straight weeks (that's almost 6.5 years).

I expect a ton out of him because he's the best in the game still. He's the best, and he's not close to playing like it. If it's about race, well, then, that's for someone else to decide, but I'll stick with the golf facts.