Owens Comment About Garcia

wookie

I know this isn't going to come as much of a surprise, but TO opened his mouth again! :o

This time he implied that Jeff Garcia is gay...he said "if it looks like a rat, and smells like a rat, then its probably a rat." when he was asked about whether or not Garcia was gay. He has also said that Garcia had a girlfriend in San Fran, and he thinks he has one now, but he didn't say that proved anything.

I've wondered about this, and teased friends who like the 'Niners that they had a gay QB...but it was just a hunch on my part. But so what, if you can play a sport at the pro level then sexuality shouldn't matter. If Garcia is gay he should just be open about it and go on about his business, if not then you have to give him credit cause the girl he's dating now is Carmela DeCesare, 2004 Playmate of the Year!! :blink:

ESPN's show about Pro Football had all sorts of issues from run-ins with the law,aging players being pushed aside,drugs, and even a gay player. Seeing what happened to him in that show you can see why a player would choose to keep quiet. I think that is is unfortunate that in the Army, or in professional sports that you would have to keep that sort of thing quiet. If your in battle and your life depends on the person next to you, does it matter if he putts from the rough when he's home? Likewise, if you're trying to win a championship and the best player you have is homosexual does that mean that you give up on your team for the year so you can get rid of him?

I guess I just grew up in a different era, and I have a more open way of thinking then some, but to me as long as I'm comfortable with myself I could give a damn about the next guy's personal preferences.

Its not like Garcia would be the only player in the NFL who is gay, if he is...and if it doesn't hurt the team when they don't know, why should it change if it did. Personally, before he retired I thought Ricky Williams might have the queer gene, it certainly didn't prevent him from being a top RB in the league.

Wook, I completely agree with you. And you're talking about Playmakers. I think the issue at hand should have died years ago within our "advanced society", such as racism, sexism, and anti-Semitism among others. But you have to also acknowledge there's no way an openly gay man could survive in today's professional sports.

Playmakers...thats it. I acknowledge it, I even understand it. When I was playing in HS I would have had a hard time knowing that a fellow teammate was gay, but I've grown up and moved away from playing to being a fan and I see things different now. I agree that our society "should" be able to handle it, but I know that it can't...especially at the QB position. The field general, hands under center, #1 guy on the field cannot be gay. Too bad for Garcia if he is, he should just be able to be himself.

My avatar now is Carmella Decesare, the woman who is now reportedly dating Jeff Garcia...I just wanted to post the image but was unable to get it to appear in a reply. Anyone who can give me an idea of how to do this and I will add her image to a message to keep on this thread and change my avatar back to CJ.

I like this pic and all, but I'd rather have a sports pic as my permanent avatar.

I like this pic and all, but I'd rather have a sports pic as my permanent avatar.

Yo man! Put whatever you want (within limits!! ^_^ ) as your avatar. I change mine as often as most folks here change their socks!! :lol:

Yo man! Put whatever you want (within limits!! ^_^ ) as your avatar. I change mine as often as most folks here change their socks!! :lol:

Yes, I log in everyday just to see what you'll have next.

Oh, and by the way, your Britney is not better. Let me explain... see, she's got clothing on in your pic, at least Barbs has some nice long beautiful succulent legs. Plus she's wearing a complete leather outfit, can't complain about that, but don't you think it degrades her churchlike qualities? (I love Britney)

Wookie (or the BengalsZone little brother :lol: ) - Yea, I don't think that's Bruce at all. Ha-cha-cha... ^_^

Yes, I log in everyday just to see what you'll have next.

Oh, and by the way, your Britney is not better. Let me explain... see, she's got clothing on in your pic, at least Barbs has some nice long beautiful succulent legs. Plus she's wearing a complete leather outfit, can't complain about that, but don't you think it degrades her churchlike qualities

Okay Josh...you got me on the clothing points. I could do much better, but I would be violating forum rules! I break enough of those already. :blink: I've been trying to be a good boy lately. :rolleyes:

T.O. actually took it back!! I'm shocked that he would recant any comment he made about any subject, but on this one I'm even more surprised.

Maybe he took a look at my Avatar of Garcia's girlfriend and felt he had no choice. Anyway, told everyone I'd get back to a sports related Avatar. I think it works, for today. I had another shot of her in a very revealing dress with her amazing legs out for all to see, but it didn't work for an avatar. She was stretched too much and ended up looking like a former pro sumo wrestler instead of the hot former tennis star she really is.