RICK JAMES DEAD at 56 !!

chrishcovga

Sad news today as Funk legend Rick James was found dead today by his caretaker in his home this morning.

- His death is apparently from Natural Causes.

- Anyone who may have been a fan of him, can attest to the quality of his music and other artists he helped promote.

Here's a possible poll question.. Since every generation has a " entertainer " die, i.e. - John Lennon, Jimi Hendrix, Marvin Gaye ( my generation ) and now Rick James, which artist death effected you most..?

Mine of course was Marvin Gaye. - You should have seen my house when word came out about his death. Almost like my entire family was crying without shedding a tear is how silent it was.

"James' personal physician signed his death certificate, and said his death was the result of "existing medical conditions," police spokesman Jason Lee said.

One of James' producers told CNN that the singer died of a heart attack."

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Music/08/0...ames/index.html

Pretty sad. I remember hearing "Dance with me," and "Give it to me baby," on WBLZ back in the day and thinking he was the coolest. He definitely left his mark on the music world. Gotta love the mary jane girls too B)

I too am sad to see him pass. Just as I was with Ray Charles and Johnny Cash. Alot of the musicians and songwriters that were part of my "Lifes Musical Soundtrack" are beginning to go.

One last thing I'd like to say about Rick James...I bet he had some hellacious party stories to tell from his hey days! That man didn't throw a party, he WAS the party! :rolleyes:

IM RICK JAMES BITCH!!!!!!!!! :(

sucks he died, now chapelle cant make fun of him....or can he??

Wow is his all you can come up with...no offense but I think its pretty sad that half of America probably 25 and under only know him for his Dave Chapelle Show skits amd appearances... One reason he died so young "Cocaine is one hell of a drug"

RIP

i know that...mc hammer had some nice pants!

LOL.........yuo are silly!!

Man, I hate that he died, he was still young!! But, he had quite a few health conditions! A pacemaker, diabietes, and suffered a stroke not to long ago.

I use to love him and Tina Marie, we did one of her songs in a talent show in 2nd or 3rd grade!!