Final score vs KC

redsfan2

We've been scattering predictions and scores all over the other posts. Putting them all here will make it easier to follow and discuss. You can change your mind from an eariler prediction because you just changed your mind, found out about an injury, or got scared from visiting the KC board.

I'm of two minds on this game. 1 the real Bengals show up and play well. OR 2 they go into stage fright and coach Lewis needs visual aids to remind them what a football looks like and where they belong on the field.

#1. Real Bengals come to play. Stats aside, we've seen that they are 7 points better than the Ravens. We played them tough and we have the ability to do the same with the Chiefs. We scare the hell out of them, but .... final is Chiefs 35 Bengals 30.

#2. Arizona / Denver version of the Bengals shows up and its like 48 to 16 Chiefs. Would have been 56 to 16, but Hall gets leg cramps from overexertion during his 5th return for a TD. <_<

35-20 Chiefs. I think it will be close through 2 and a half quarters and then the Chiefs will pull away.

Surprisingly, the Bengals have done well in the 4th quarter. That is a departure from previous seasons. It's the 1st quarter they have trouble with ............. especially the opponents first drive. Game against the Texans is the only one in which we've scored first so far this year.

I usually don't pay much heed to "ancient history" between two clubs, but 8 of the last 10 games (and *all* of the last 7) between KC and Cincy, have been decided by 5 points or less. No matter who's actually wearing the uniforms or coaching the teams, we seem to play close. I'll go with 31-27 Bengals.

I'm hearing Burris is out and wheres the ball Hawkins is doubtful. So who is our cb's now..Weathersby all off a sudden going to show this weekend? Not good!

Well I'm not overly impressed with KC's wideouts. I mean Eddie Kennison just quit on the Broncos a few years ago, and Johnnie Morton is a good #2 reciever....Yeah I know they have a good avg per reception, but they don't dominate a game, so as long as we get decent coverage out of Tory James(who has played against them last year with the raiders) and Weathersby/Kaesviharn/Roberts plus whatever the safeties provide is a bonus, we should be okay against them. It's covering Gonzalaz and Holmes that I worry about. If Simmons is on Holmes, then not a huge worry, but Hardy has to cover Gonzalaz one on one....then I'm a bit worried...okay a lot worried. But hey I don't draw up the defensive plays, so what do I know? I do know that I have read way too many professional writers picking the Bengals this weekend....I like being the underdog, so they can just go ahead and cut it out now :lol: I like the Bengals in a bit of a shootout, Bengals 44-KC 38

Cheers

I do know that I have read way too many professional writers picking the Bengals this weekend....I like being the underdog, so they can just go ahead and cut it out now :lol: I like the Bengals in a bit of a shootout, Bengals 44-KC 38

Cheers

:unsure: I made sure I had the right part of the quote this time.

Priscoe - Dr. Z - & Criqui are all picking us. There have been a couple of other newspaper columnists doing it as well, and it just gives me the heebie jeebies. Jeez ! Talk about the kiss of death. Between that and CJ's prediction, even the darned head coach is ticked. KC has this thing already about not getting respect form the media. Media hell we get it from Leno and Letterman. This whole thing is in their eyes anyway just rubbing their nose in it.

I hope you guys are right about the score and I'm wrong, BUT literally every other time the media has built us up, a big neon sign that reads TILT starts flashing over Paul Brown Stadium.

That little goofy looking one ( can't remember his name .... looks like Mr. Peepers ) picked us to be the surprise team and go to the playoffs last year. You see what that did.

I know that this is the loser mentality that coach Lewis says we've got to get rid of, but when you smack me up side the head 50 times, and then come back and raise your hand to pat me on the back, I'm going to expect another smack and duck anyway.

I know that this is the loser mentality that coach Lewis says we've got to get rid of, but when you smack me up side the head 50 times, and then come back and raise your hand to pat me on the back, I'm going to expect another smack and duck anyway.

Yep, I know what you mean. But this is why the Bengals need this game. They have to finally shake the "Bungles"(damn I hate that word) rep. They had a let down in the first game of the season, then the Arizona game was another letdown, I say third time lucky you know? I think Coach Lewis wants this game more than he did the Ravens game. This will show that he and his team have arrived. I mean he knew that Chad was gonna do the guarantee and still let him...That takes balls of steel cause he knows it puts the bullseye right on his teams back. The Bengals have to learn to win consitantly, and have to learn how to win the big games. Especially now that they have a real shot at winning the division.

Thanks to CJ, the CHIEFS will be really fired up....42 to 13 CHIEFS win.

The crack in KC must be pretty damn good if you think that's gonna happen :blink:

That's about the dumbest thing I think I've read. I mean even the professional sports writers are picking the Bengals to win the game and saying that what Chad said won't mean anything...But I do see Chad having a monster game cause of what he said...