NASCAR 2005: Chase for the Cup

Kirkendall

Anyone going to by NASCAR: Chase for the Cup 2005 -- the new NASCAR Video game coming out August 31st by EA Sports? If so, it supports networking via TCP/IP now with the X-Box (not sure about PS2). It would be cool if a few of you had it and we could set up a league and race every Wednesday night or so and keep the points.

I'm definately gettin it for PS2! The thing I hate about NASCAR games is that they always come out early so drivers/sponsors aren't always right.

Yea, you're right about that. I wish you could download an updated drivers roster and sponser list. Maybe you can do that on the computer version...

I'm definately gettin it for PS2!  The thing I hate about NASCAR games is that they always come out early so drivers/sponsors aren't always right.

Yea, you're right about that. I wish you could download an updated drivers roster and sponser list. Maybe you can do that on the computer version...

Online downloads would be great! Another thing I thought about was rain delays. It would give that real NASCAR feel of someone having the momentum and then it stops during a 30 minute (press X to skip) rain delay. There are so many possibilities...

The best idea I have thought of though is a true owner mode. You are the driver and owner. As owner you can hire/fire drivers, the crew chief, whatever. And driver injuries! If one of those big NT2004 wrecks where the car flips multiple times, I wanna see that guy out for the next race with a broken something.

Maybe EA will hire me as the game developer! :P

Yea, rain delays would be wicked cool. Especially the change of the track and problems with the cars after a cool down period. You have some great ideas.. here are a few I've got:

- More cautions. I run a few 100% races and I don't see cautions. I'd like to see random cautions ranging from wrecks and to debre on the road. With the cautions, pits stops would be cool.

- Full Control of the pits. I'd like to drive it in myself and if I miss the box, then I get penalized.

- Ability to cancel pit stops if there is a caution while driving down pit row and haven't stopped yet.

- Car goes way loose after putting on tires. Not all the time, but at times when tires go on, I'd like the car to go loose or tight to make it a little more challenging.

- Ability to put on scuff tires.

- Better in car sounds.

- Spotter is a little quicker giving me the clear sign and always talking to me if someone is inside or outside; since I use the in-car view and never see what's on my left or right.

- In the owner mode, I want a lot of money up front. I don't want to be a start up owner like in 2004; I want to be a rich fat cat that develops a high end car that routinely challenges the top 10. I get very frustrated during the career mode and end up just doing season modes... I always use the Bill Elliot #9 car.

Man, if you and I combined our ideas; we could have a kickin' racing game.

• 1 month later...
So who has it already? I do, and the Fight to the top is a great idea! And you can actually purchase a team in each division! So far that is all that I have played of it.

I got it.

I'm in Featherlite, Truck, and Busch series right now. The cars you get on the initial contract per series really stink, but I guess I can't expect to start right away in a top tier car.

The Allies/Rival system is better and the intimidator is a GREAT function. You can just be a career driver or purchase and run a team in each division; but I don't know if you can do both in one series.

So who has it already?  I do, and the Fight to the top is a great idea!  And you can actually purchase a team in each division!  So far that is all that I have played of it.

I got it.

I'm in Featherlite, Truck, and Busch series right now. The cars you get on the initial contract per series really stink, but I guess I can't expect to start right away in a top tier car.

The Allies/Rival system is better and the intimidator is a GREAT function. You can just be a career driver or purchase and run a team in each division; but I don't know if you can do both in one series.

No you can't do both. When you purchase a team you no longer receive contract offers for that series.

All in all i love this game! So hard to pick between it and Madden.... :wacko:

So who has it already?  I do, and the Fight to the top is a great idea!  And you can actually purchase a team in each division!  So far that is all that I have played of it.

I got it.

No you can't do both. When you purchase a team you no longer receive contract offers for that series.

All in all i love this game! So hard to pick between it and Madden.... :wacko:

Man, now you know how I feel. If I have a bad race, then I typically just turn it off and play Madden... and vice versa. My weekends have turned to nothingness the past 2 weekends.. :lol::lol::lol:

How you gotten to the truck series yet?

Y'all SUCK :angry:

No "chase" racing for me and Madden isn't out here until next week....Damn I hate this place sometimes

Yea, America ROCKS!

DAMN RIGHT

Even my two year old daughter is asking to go to america.

I wouldn't have a clue where she get's these ideas from B)