Marvin Signs Extension!

HoosierCat

bengals.com:

Lewis signs extension

BY GEOFF HOBSON

GEORGETOWN, Ky. _ Marvin Lewis confirmed to several sources here Monday night that he has signed a contract extension that is believed to take him through the next four seasons, putting him into the $2 million per year category.

The Bengals approached Lewis eight months ago after he fashioned an 8-8 record that was the biggest turnaround in the NFL last season following Cincinnati’s 2-14 record in 2002.

Big props to...gulp!...MIKE BROWN! :blink:

If Marvin is our savior, does that make Mike Brown our god? Oh dear lord.

Mike Brown as god would explain quite a lot... ;)

More details on the deal from Curnette at : http://bengals.enquirer.com/2004/08/02/benwebmarvin02.html

Basically he gets a new 4-year deal in place of the old one, so it nets out to a 1-year extension. But he gets somthing on the order of $500k more per year, so my bet is that it's his turn to buy the doughnuts for breakfast tomorrow! In the Curnette story, at the very end, he also hints that Mikey is laying out some dough to retain key assistants as well.

Maybe Mikey decided that Ricky Williams didn't have such bad ideas after all...? But whatever he's gotten into, I hope he stays on it!

If Marvin is our savior, does that make Mike Brown our god?  Oh dear lord.

Mike Brown as god would explain quite a lot... ;)

More details on the deal from Curnette at : http://bengals.enquirer.com/2004/08/02/benwebmarvin02.html

Basically he gets a new 4-year deal in place of the old one, so it nets out to a 1-year extension. But he gets somthing on the order of $500k more per year, so my bet is that it's his turn to buy the doughnuts for breakfast tomorrow! In the Curnette story, at the very end, he also hints that Mikey is laying out some dough to retain key assistants as well.

Maybe Mikey decided that Ricky Williams didn't have such bad ideas after all...? But whatever he's gotten into, I hope he stays on it!

I just wish Mikey B. would have taken Mikey D. up on that 8 for 1 trade in 1999 for Mr. Williams instead of taking our boy Akili.

I just wish Mikey B. would have taken Mikey D. up on that 8 for 1 trade in 1999 for Mr. Williams instead of taking our boy Akili.

Gawd! Quit reminding me of that! :angry:

Saw - rreee!

I think this was a good move even though some say that he really hasn't done or won anything yet. The Bengals have realized the potential and the true ability and desire that Marvin Lewis posesses and should be applauded for a proactive move to keep him.