Coach Lewis is packing for the Super Bowl

As training camp starts, coach is packing for the Super Bowl

By Mark Curnutte

Enquirer staff writer

Photo gallery from training camp.

GEORGETOWN, Ky. - The Bengals reported to training camp Friday, marking another step toward what they hope will be their first winning season since 1990.

Expectations are high following an 8-8 record - just the second non-losing season in the previous 13 years.

"We're here to prepare to cast our lot to go to Jacksonville," second-year coach Marvin Lewis said of the site of the 39th Super Bowl.

Fans, too, are thinking big.

The supply of single-game tickets for the first six home games is exhausted.

And all eight games at Paul Brown Stadium are likely to be sold out before the regular-season opener Sept. 12 at the New York Jets. If so, it will be the first time since 1992 the Bengals have sold out their entire home schedule.

The Bengals will practice for the first time at 8:45 this morning and again at 4 p.m. at Georgetown College.

The preseason opener is two weeks from today, Aug. 14, at Tampa Bay.

Most of the attention this season will be on first-year starting quarterback Carson Palmer, who takes over for Jon Kitna. As Lewis has said, "Carson is our playbook."

The Bengals let go of nine players who started at least one game in 2003.

yay no more WTUE radio games!!!!!

And um to actually make a comment about the article I thinkits a dream...but not a miracle...we have an actual shot but it most likely wont happen...I still say next year...coachesdo 3 years to superbowl...

Jimmi Johnson uin Dallas

Vermeildid it what twice?

"We're here to prepare to cast our lot to go to Jacksonville," second-year coach Marvin Lewis said of the site of the 39th Super Bowl.

Yeah, the parties and activities are going to be off the hook!! :P

Actually, it would be nice to see to the Raiders vs the Bengals in the AFC Championship game!!

heh kita, difference from bengals and raiders...we are on the way up (see last years improvement) and the raiders are on the way down (see last years decline). This year they will stay below 500. Look at that secondary...u guys will get thrown on like the browns got run on last year!! :lol:

heh kita, difference from bengals and raiders...we are on the way up (see last years improvement) and the raiders are on the way down (see last years decline). This year they will stay below 500. Look at that secondary...u guys will get thrown on like the browns got run on last year!! :lol:

Now see I was being nice about the AFC Championship game!!

Bengals went 8-8 with a healthy squad!

Raiders had Rick Mirer as the Back-up QB, and more than half our starters on IR, with a fresh healthy squad, we will be BACK IN THE PLAYOFFS!!

A statement the Bengals haven't been able to make in what 13-14 years! :P

Only team winning any football games in Ohio are the Buckeyes!!

Id be a bearcat fan before a buckeye fan...but i do have a soft spot for them cuz my grandparents went there and loved them.

And i am glad Mr Brown did this early, shows faith and gets the team excited about their future knowing that the man that brought them it will be there when it happens.

heh kita, difference from bengals and raiders...we are on the way up (see last years improvement) and the raiders are on the way down (see last years decline).  This year they will stay below 500.  Look at that secondary...u guys will get thrown on like the browns got run on last year!!  :lol:

Raiders had Rick Mirer as the Back-up QB, and more than half our starters on IR, with a fresh healthy squad, we will be BACK IN THE PLAYOFFS!!

She does have a point. Any team playing with Rick Mirer has no shot in the playoffs. I'm just wondering why this guy is still employed in the NFL???

Could someone help me here???

heh kita, difference from bengals and raiders...we are on the way up (see last years improvement) and the raiders are on the way down (see last years decline).  This year they will stay below 500.  Look at that secondary...u guys will get thrown on like the browns got run on last year!!  :lol:

We had a healthy squad?

I could have sworn Warrick had a knee injury and played at a much lower level the last few games.No doubt the injuries to Levi Jones and Eric Steinbach(which killed our running game) in December were created by the media.