Dillion

WHO DEY AGAIN?

Heard on the radio that Dillion was not at the game and was out at a pool hall till 4am Sunday. All you Dillion fans still taking up for him? I know you can't believe everything you hear but he should have been on the sideline giving support!Bye Bye Dillion! We don't need your TUDE no more!

Dillion? Who's Dillion and why do we care that he was playing pool 'til 4 a.m.? :D

Now I've been pretty high on CD despite all the bad press lately. But for that sorry son of a bitch to not be at the game.... :angry::angry::angry: ....Well to hell with him then! If I sound angry, I would be. I say put the big crybaby on the IR for the rest of the year, sign one of the cats off the practice squad to take his spot on the roster, then do something next year and get him the hell out of Cincinnati. That's just a piss poor attitude. Of course the worst part about all of this is he has shot his trade value to hell. The Bengals would be lucky to get a 4th round pick for the dickhead. Have I mentioned that I am a bit angry? To not be at the game, that slaps his whole team in the face, don't think his teamates didn't notice. What a jerk. I know Rudi isn't the kind of back that Dillon is, but Rudi is a team player, something that Dillon has never been.

that's me....cheers

sorry for the language.

Oh, Dillon...*that* guy. Well, kev, I wouldn't get too upset. I'm not sure that Dillon not being at the game wasn't a good thing. If he's there, he's just a distraction. The press would be all over him, hoping he'd say something "disgruntled" -- which he probably would when some smart@$$ reporter asks how come Rudi is kicking butt behind the o-line he says stinks -- and then the whole victory is soured by another media-generated controversy.

As for getting rid of him..let's not be hasty. Let's not forget that there's one important difference between CD and Rudi: CD is under contract for next season. Rudi will be a free agent. Restricted, I believe, but that didn't stop Dan Snyder in DC from poaching the Jets and the Bengals are supposedly hard up against the cap, if Hobbie on bengals.com is to be believed. No, I don't think I'm rushing CD out the door quite yet...

Well, if someone does take Rudi, then if the Bengals only have to offer enough to make sure that they get a first round pick out of them for him(something like a million...not that much in this day and age) Not that I'd want to see Rudi end up somewhere else.

As for the media generated controversy, Rudi's play, the fans falling for Rudi, and Dillons attitude create the controversy...let's not blame the media for that. If CD was a team player, then what could the media do? Dillon is the one who says the stupid things...Asks to be traded to Dallas after the trade deadline...moron. Sorry I know Dillon is a helluva Running back, but I'm really thinking that he's too high maintanance to be worth the hassle. Of course they could keep him on the team for next year and just leave him deactivated everygame. But that takes the spot of someone that wants to play.

I'd like a little more than a radio stations word for it that CD was shooting pool at 4 a.m. In todays news confrence, coach Lewis said that he had OK'd Dillons absence from the game. He said Dillon came and asked him and that he gave his approval.

Having said that, and taking the coaches word on the matter, I think it was bad form for Dillon to even ask to not show when a couple of his team mates were there on crutches.

Dillon seems to be escalating this situation at every opportunity. I'm waiting for him to pull the same thing on Lewis that he did on Coslett. He refused to go back into the game when Coslett told him to. I'm wondering if Lewis wasn't heading off the same problem by sitting him for this game ???????

I will stick with one of my former comments on this matter, but ammend it.

Iwould like to see Dillon back next year IF it means freeing up money to get a quality db on the free agent market. That would also depend on Dillon being a productive player and a good citizen. Or at the very least productive and quiet.

Dillon is definitely injured. Whether its his groin or his brain is open to debate. Either way, he is useless in his current state. I speculated that Lewis was trying to head off a confrontation with Dillon by deactivating him for the game. That suspicion was reinforced by what Dillon said when he was asked how long he would be out with his injury.

What happens when coach Lewis decides that he is ready to play and Dillon says he isn't ?? A lot of people have been sticking up for Dillon on this site. Some good reasons have been given and some speculations in his defense have been offered. Up to this point, Dillon himself hasn't done anything to show that support was warranted.

Everyone wonders why I rail on Mike Brown. Perhaps the contract for Dillon is realization enough that the man don't know football.

For years CD fans have been blinded by how dire the franchise was/is. (I still don't know if coach Lewis can right this wayward ship, but he is off to a darn good start.) As if one player can save your franchise from mismanagement, misappropiations, rampant nepotism and an owner that has no clue on football, yet insists on operating the team like his great-late father. The team has stank since mikey's been in charge and we still need a few years to purge his decade + of bad decisions.

griffey came to the reds and we haven't had a winning season since. Seattle on the other hand has released several big names and has done well since jr. left. SO........cd has helped each year on a losing team.....ah hell with it...the guys an a-hole.....he's trashed himself......so long fare well it's time for you to go.........

Well, if someone does take Rudi, then if the Bengals only have to offer enough to make sure that they get a first round pick out of them for him(something like a million...not that much in this day and age) Not that I'd want to see Rudi end up somewhere else.

This whole thing is getting tiring and trying. Every week there's a new element and or development. Coach Lewis says little and is supportive yet you get the feeling he's not happy about it. Team mates when asked are non committal. That usually means " yeah something's up and no you ain't geting me to be the one who talked" .

No matter which of the 100 or so takes you have on it, the fact that there are so many means its a distraction. That's Bad, and the sooner its dealt with the better. Bench him, put him on IR ( he wishes ), or dump him in the river, but dammit do something.

This whole thing is getting tiring and trying. Every week there's a new element and or development.

Well I think the media try to blow up the situation to be much worse than it is...Controversy sales you know? I think Coach Lewis has handled it really well. Dillon can be a bit of a nut job, and he does hate the press, so LEwis probably gives him a little more leway. But it makes sense to keep CD around and off of the IR so He can show some stuff in December, and hopefully January, put some value back in him and trade him the hell out Cincinnati next year. I'd love to see the Bengals have a shot at Kevin Jones from Virginia Tech...But that's neither here nor there....The team has handled the Dillon Distraction rather well, but another year of it? Not something to consider if they want to move forward