Vikings Sign Brock Lesnar

From profootballcentral.com

The Minnesota Vikings have signed former WWE Pro Wrestler Brock Lesnar to a $230,000 contract. Vikings head coach Mike Tice made the decision after putting Lesnar through strenuous 45-minute workout this morning during his tryout. Tice said Lesnar, who hasn't played football since high school, would play defensive tackle position as well some defensive end.

ha i told u fools he'd make it if he was serious!!!!

Let me remind you that this is the same state that elected Jesse Ventura as a freakin' governor! I smell another media ploy here.

If he actually makes it in the NFL, I'll officially declare wrestling as being "real", along with the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, etc, etc. :P

media ploy? are u guys serious? It was barely released and it wasnt even a top 10 NFL story for the day. Give me a break. Hes legit and u guys are just hating right now. Hes gonna play in the NFL this year, mb not much but i bet he sees some time on the field. Next year though, i wouldnt be surprised to see him starting. The man is a friggin beast.

media ploy? are u guys serious? It was barely released and it wasnt even a top 10 NFL story for the day.

Bull. It was on SportsCenter when he was mentioned to be trying out with NFL teams, it was on SportsCenter when it was mentioned the Vikings were interested, and it was on SportsCenter when he signed. He's gotten plenty of media coverage for a wrestler going into the NFL -- at least more than he should. Didn't he get an SI story too? Not sure, but I thought I heard that.

I just don't get this dude. How can playing in the NFL be a dream of his when he didn't even play in college? And don't tell me it's because of his wrestling scholarship; if it really was his "dream" he would have forgone his wrestling and tried to make it on a college team so he can work for his "dream"...

ppl dont change professions? Mb its his dream now after falling in love with it watching like so many americans. And i dont agree that hes gotten alot of coverage, alot woulda been having a espn special showing him working out and preparing. He got basic media coverage that woulda been surrounding anyone that went from one profession on televison to another.

I'm with Jditty on this one. Lesner has some serious potential....Plus with the practice squad being at 8 this year you'll see teams take on pet projects and Lesner is Tices pet project. Lesner is a gifted athlete and has to have some skill, you don't become a national champion amateur wrestler on power alone...surely that's got to help on the football field. Plus, one of his mates that had no football experiance actually got signed by the Pats a few years ago and has earned some starts on the o-line and surely the Patriots know a thing or two about evaluating talent? So it's not like Lesner is the first person to do something like this. Hell the Detroit Lions offered Paul Wight, the Big Show or Giant depending on what wrestling you like a tryout a few years ago before he became a wrestler. Plus there have been several successful wrestlers that are former NFLers Like Goldberg, Ron Simmons (Farooq), Vader, Brian Pillman(a former Bengal at that) so surely some of the athletic skills translate.

Okay I'll shut up now that I've shown I know way too much about wrestling. :ph34r: