Drew Bledsoe

Sea Ray

On January 24, 2011, the New England Patriots announced their intent to retire Bledsoe's #11 sometime during the upcoming 2011 season.

/>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drew_Bledsoe#cite_note-9

Anyone else hear this? I can't figure this one out. Any of you think he deserves this honor?

On January 24, 2011, the New England Patriots announced their intent to retire Bledsoe's #11 sometime during the upcoming 2011 season.

/>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drew_Bledsoe#cite_note-9

Anyone else hear this? I can't figure this one out. Any of you think he deserves this honor?

Can't say I do, but whatever.

Well, I don't know how much of an "honor" it is considering prior to this decade the team was absolutely horrible except one fluke year in the 80's. They honestly haven't had that many players that they can retire jersey's from. Besides, in 9 seasons with the Pats Bledsoe did throw for almost 30,000 yards (44,611 career) and 166 TD's (251 career). I'd have to think if Carson plays out his contract here, the Bengals would retire his number too.

Remember, Brady got them over the hump, but Bledsoe helped bring them back to repectability.

I'm being silly but they are doing it because if he hadn't gotten hurt the world may never know about Tom Brady, the tuck rule and their three Super Bowl titles. In fact Dallas should do the same thing because his injury there opened the door for Tony Romo.

Seriously, he was a great player in his time however brief and took them to a Super Bowl. I think teams should honor more players from different eras (**cough** **Bengals** **cough**) whether they are HoF cailber or not. More power to them, I say.