Thank you Brian Billick!

hottub

The Rams were flat, the Raven D was steaming, and the Raven O has the league's leading rusher. If they had just handed the ball to Jamal Lewis, oh, say 43 times, the Ravens would still be 2 games up on our Cincinnati Bengals.

But, hey, *anybody * could do that! Brian "The Brain" Billick is an offensive genius! He can't just run the ball. He has to try to throw, and try to throw, and try, try, try to throw again!

What a great game! I never thought I'd cheer for the Rams, but in a game where the one team awards the other 33 points for 123 yards of total offense, it'd be down-right rude to lose!

So, great job Brian. Now you only have to do two more things: keep up the good work through the rest of the season, and convince Bill Cowher to do the same. :D

But, hey, *anybody * could do that! Brian "The Brain" Billick is an offensive genius! He can't just run the ball. He has to try to throw, and try to throw, and try, try, try to throw again!

What a great game! I never thought I'd cheer for the Rams, but in a game where the one team awards the other 33 points for 123 yards of total offense, it'd be down-right rude to lose!

Well, in Billick's defense (and I *loathe* Brian Billick) I think the Rams were doing a good job of containing Jamal Lewis (at least after the game's first couple of plays). He didn't have much choice but to turn to the pass, and they do have a heluva player in Heap. The big blow was losing Boller and having to bring in Chris Ragarm. He's Kitna without the smarts.

But I was right there with ya cheering for the Rams. And even tho they won, I now feel far less afraid of playing them. Baltimore put on a clinic in stopping their offense last night. I think Frasier might blitz on *every* play!

J.C., you are completely right, of course - having to go to Redman was really the deathknell. Plus Jamal Lewis put the ball down twice, so it's not as if running the ball had no risk. Still, if I have to gamble, I'd rather gamble on Lewis than on either Boller, a rookie QB, *or* Chris Freakin' Redman. IIRC (and of course it's now a whole day later, so I may not) Billick had Boller passing (and throwing interceptions) in a lot of situation where I'd have just handed off.

Either way, let's just hope the Ravens stumble a few more times so the Bengals can close the gap!