Chads Corner

The Brew Man

What a riot! You can see his quote in the left side of the page at The Bengals "Clubhouse" @ ESPN.com, or just keep reading:

"We will win -- that's a guarantee. It's no offense to their organization. It's just the way I feel. Some people might not like it, but I'm confident that my teammates won't leave me hanging. It should be the game of the week, the undefeated team against the new-era Bengals."

-- WR Chad Johnson on the Nov. 16 game vs. the Chiefs

Let's just hope that Chad remains "undefeated" as far as predications go...

When I read what Chd said I could screamed. He is actually 1-1 in predictions. If memory serves me correct he did a prediction against another team and the Bengals lost the game so he said he would shut up about it. Well He went and opened his mouth again Sunday. You don't give the best team in the NFL motivation...I know he is trying to help motivate his team...But damn. I don't think the Chiefs would have overlooked the Bengals simply because a lot of people in the media have said that the Bengals had a real chance of beating them, so I don't think we could have slipped in(besides, Vermeil is too good of a coach for that to happen) I don't like the idea of a pissed off Chiefs team. But hey, if the Bengals win(I think they can), Chad looks like a genius...I guess we'll find out Sunday.

Has sportsline.com's Pete Prisco lost his mind? You make the call. From his week 10 review:

Let the hype begin: Cincinnati receiver Chad Johnson is already guaranteeing a victory next week at home against the Chiefs. "We will win -- that's a guarantee," Johnson said. "It's no offense to their organization. It's just the way I feel. Some people might not like it, but I'm confident that my teammates won't leave me hanging. It should be the game of the week, the undefeated team against the new-era Bengals." We tend to agree with Johnson. The early pick for next week in Cincinnati: The Chiefs lose for the first time.

THE END IS NEAR! I'm telling you this is another sign of the apocalypse. :blink::D

But why not the Bengals? If the Chargers can beat the Vikings(not that I was over impressed by the Vikings...But come on, these are the Chargers) Why can't a extremely well coached, aggressive team like the Bengals beat the Chiefs?

Chad cracks me up. I've said I don't like some of the stuff he does in the endzone, but even at that you can't help but like him. I've listened to coach Lewis talk about him to the press ..... usually when he gets fined, and even though he starts out on his case, even he ends up laughing about it.

He gets the other people around him going too. Where do you think Goff got the idea to try to jump into the stand ?? God, I wish I could have seen that.

You ought to check out the Chiefs message board. They're talking more about that stupid prediction than they are the game. I made note of the bad spelling by one of them and got them going about that too. It's just too funny.

Most of the people posting there seem similar to the ones on this board, so I like reading their posts. A few of them though are so thin skinned its hilarious. If the Bengals were 9 and 0, I wouldn't care if everybody on the other team made predictions. You still gotta play the game.