Why I have such harsh words about Palmer

Mike Vick can throw the rock 70 yards--but what is his completion percentage???  Around 50-55% of the time.  NOT GOOD!!!

Kitna's career percentage is around 58, IIRC. If 50-55 is "not good," how much of an improvement is 58? :blink:

Joisey:

8-2 = 6 games.

:lol::lol:

INTna's completion percentage is about average. Ideally, you would like to have your QB completing >= 60% of his passes.

58% isn't bad though. Not great but not bad--especially for INTna.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of having harsh words for Palmer, support him. He is the next big thing here in Cincinnati. He is the guy that isn't just going to make us forget about Kitna, he is going to make us forget about Boomer, about Kenny Anderson, and about every waste of a quarterback to grace the huddle here in Cincinnati in between.

Instead of sounding like a big jerk who should be rooting for the Browns, support Carson Palmer. He IS the future of the Cincinnati Bengals. He IS the guy who had even his competition talking about how good he was during training camp last year and during practice last year. He was held back a year to learn the system so that this year he can come out and start his dynasty on the right foot.

Trust in Marvin, and know that he has made the right decision. Don't sound like a big jerk like Kirkendull. :player: WHO DEY!

Trust in Marvin, and know that he has made the right decision.  Don't sound like a big jerk like Kirkendull. :player: WHO DEY!

A lot of good points and counter points have been made on both sides of this topic on this thread as well as on past ones. Some have been Kirks that I've agreed with and some have been his that I've dis agreed with as well.

The one thing that I haven't seen in any of his posts are statements that would make me think he's a jerk. So just out of curiosity, what prompted that ? Please don't mistake this as me taking up for him. He's more than able to hold his own in any discussion ..... but all the same it made me wonder what you saw that led you to that conclusion.

As to Palmer .............. The one thing that all of us agree with is that coach Lewis has an uncanny knack for knowing who to start and who to sit. If he says its Palmer ..... then I'm inclined to go along with him.

" In Marvin we Trust " is dam near a mantra around here.

Trust in Marvin, and know that he has made the right decision.  Don't sound like a big jerk like Kirkendull. :player: WHO DEY!

A lot of good points and counter points have been made on both sides of this topic on this thread as well as on past ones. Some have been Kirks that I've agreed with and some have been his that I've dis agreed with as well.

The one thing that I haven't seen in any of his posts are statements that would make me think he's a jerk. So just out of curiosity, what prompted that ? Please don't mistake this as me taking up for him. He's more than able to hold his own in any discussion ..... but all the same it made me wonder what you saw that led you to that conclusion.

" In Marvin we Trust " is dam near a mantra around here.

That's what happens when a select few people don't agree with you and go to the 10-year girl little pouty "you jerk" response. It's rather funny... :lol:

Instead of having harsh words for Palmer, support him. He is the next big thing here in Cincinnati. He is the guy that isn't just going to make us forget about Kitna, he is going to make us forget about Boomer, about Kenny Anderson, and about every waste of a quarterback to grace the huddle here in Cincinnati in between.

Instead of sounding like a big jerk who should be rooting for the Browns, support Carson Palmer. He IS the future of the Cincinnati Bengals. He IS the guy who had even his competition talking about how good he was during training camp last year and during practice last year. He was held back a year to learn the system so that this year he can come out and start his dynasty on the right foot.

Trust in Marvin, and know that he has made the right decision. Don't sound like a big jerk like Kirkendull. :player: WHO DEY!

Anyone who sprouts off about themselves having a "big_thing", usually doesn't. In fact, Kitared informed me that usually microscopes have a hard time picking up those kind of guy's phallus'.

:lol:

Kirk, I can't believe this panty-wearer called YOU out!!! I wonder what this guy thinks of my posts???

p.s.

Just kidding, Kitared ;)

Instead of having harsh words for Palmer, support him.  He is the next big thing here in Cincinnati.  He is the guy that isn't just going to make us forget about Kitna, he is going to make us forget about Boomer, about Kenny Anderson, and about every waste of a quarterback to grace the huddle here in Cincinnati in between.

Instead of sounding like a big jerk who should be rooting for the Browns, support Carson Palmer.  He IS the future of the Cincinnati Bengals.  He IS the guy who had even his competition talking about how good he was during training camp last year and during practice last year.  He was held back a year to learn the system so that this year he can come out and start his dynasty on the right foot.

Anyone who sprouts off about themselves having a "big_thing", usually doesn't. In fact, Kitared informed me that usually microscopes have a hard time picking up those kind of guy's phallus'.

Kirk, I can't believe this panty-wearer called YOU out!!! I wonder what this guy thinks of my posts???

p.s.

Just kidding, Kitared ;)

Wow, and I suppose you think that anyone with Johnson in their id is talking about their penis? Grow up. The Next Big Thing is about the growth of something not sexually related (obviously a 13 year old boy like you with his hand in his pants can't understand), but rather about the Cincinnati Bengals being the next big thing.

Chad Johnson - The next Terrell Owens/Jerry Rice/Randy Moss

Carson Palmer - The next Elway/Favre/Vick/Boomer

Rudi Johnson - The next Edgerdin James/Ricky Williams(without the pot)

Marvin Lewis - The next Lombardi/Parcells/Brown

Trust in Marvin, and know that he has made the right decision.

You are right about that.

Ill even cut you some slack on Palmer and Coach Lewis but you really can't be serious about Johnson.

Settle down Newbie, Rudy is decent and nothing more.

Instead of having harsh words for Palmer, support him.  He is the next big thing here in Cincinnati.  He is the guy that isn't just going to make us forget about Kitna, he is going to make us forget about Boomer, about Kenny Anderson, and about every waste of a quarterback to grace the huddle here in Cincinnati in between.

Instead of sounding like a big jerk who should be rooting for the Browns, support Carson Palmer.  He IS the future of the Cincinnati Bengals.  He IS the guy who had even his competition talking about how good he was during training camp last year and during practice last year.  He was held back a year to learn the system so that this year he can come out and start his dynasty on the right foot.

So having an opinion against Palmer makes me a) sound like a jerk and B) puts me on the level of a Browns fan. Not only that, but you sound like the biggest Bengals homer I've ever seen, bigger than any of the Chiefs homers I knew back home.

We have great young talent, but not everyone on the Bengals roster is going to be a hall-of-famer. And having an opinion about a player on the Bengals that isn't positive should not put me in "Browns Fan" country...I'm sure alot of Bengals fans have guys on the team(or have had guys in the past...David Klingler, anyone?) that they don't necessarily like. Mine just happens to be the new starting quarterback.

Having an open-minded approach to your team and to other people's opinions is a good thing. Being a zealot and a homer, even if it is for my favorite team, is not.

You probably thought Akili Smith was a wise draft choice, too. :o

BN1281

P.S. Have I told you all how happy I am to have Bengals fans to talk football with? It is the gift that keeps on giving.

p.s.

Just kidding, Kitared ;)

Wow, and I suppose you think that anyone with Johnson in their id is talking about their penis? Grow up. The Next Big Thing is about the growth of something not sexually related (obviously a 13 year old boy like you with his hand in his pants can't understand), but rather about the Cincinnati Bengals being the next big thing.

Whoa!!!! Easy there, HOMESPICE!!! Yeah, BN may be right about YOU being the biggest homer in a while to grace our presence.

I wonder what you feel about Mike Brown??? Are you saying that he's the new "Rooney's of the 1970s"??? How about Jerry Jones in the early 90s??? :lol:

I love this post by the rookie:

Chad Johnson has had 2 good years in the NFL--and already he's throwing him in a category with TO, Jerry, and Randy. Give me a break, man.

CP hasn't even took a snap from center--and he's grouping Palmer in with Elway and Favre??? Give me another f**king break.

Rudi Johnson hasn't even rushed for 1,000 yards for an entire season--and Homer is throwing him in with Ricky Williams and Gold Teeth??? I might as well go home.

And maybe the biggest crime yet, Homer throws Marvin Lewis in with Lombardi. UH, you don't put 2nd year head coaches with Legends. Yep, that's a crime. Let's get Lewis to win more than 8 games in a season, then we'll talk.

And someone please inform Homer of a "new" word called sarcasm. The "big_thing" post was a joke, HOMER. You're taking yourself a little too seriously, aren't you??? I sense that maybe you have a sexual disfunction in your "Big_Thing"??? Take some Purple Pills and get back to us, Dole.

Maybe we should refer to you as "The_Next_Big_Joke" or maybe even "The_Next_Big_Troll"???

I'm smelling TROLL here fellas. Nobody can be this much of a Homer, right???

:lol::lol::lol:

p.s.

Just kidding, Kitared ;)

Whoa!!!! Easy there, HOMESPICE!!! Yeah, BN may be right about YOU being the biggest homer in a while to grace our presence.

I wonder what you feel about Mike Brown??? Are you saying that he's the new "Rooney's of the 1970s"??? How about Jerry Jones in the early 90s??? :lol:

I love this post by the rookie:

Chad Johnson has had 2 good years in the NFL--and already he's throwing him in a category with TO, Jerry, and Randy. Give me a break, man.

CP hasn't even took a snap from center--and he's grouping Palmer in with Elway and Favre??? Give me another f**king break.

Rudi Johnson hasn't even rushed for 1,000 yards for an entire season--and Homer is throwing him in with Ricky Williams and Gold Teeth??? I might as well go home.

And maybe the biggest crime yet, Homer throws Marvin Lewis in with Lombardi. UH, you don't put 2nd year head coaches with Legends. Yep, that's a crime. Let's get Lewis to win more than 8 games in a season, then we'll talk.

And someone please inform Homer of a "new" word called sarcasm. The "big_thing" post was a joke, HOMER. You're taking yourself a little too seriously, aren't you??? I sense that maybe you have a sexual disfunction in your "Big_Thing"??? Take some Purple Pills and get back to us, Dole.

Maybe we should refer to you as "The_Next_Big_Joke" or maybe even "The_Next_Big_Troll"???

I'm smelling TROLL here fellas. Nobody can be this much of a Homer, right???

Ok Barbara, You want to bet on Marvin Lewis being grouped with Guys like Lombardi 10 years from now? It will happen.

Chad Johnson is a better receiver than TO, the numbers last year showed it. People outside the Bengals organization have compared him favorably to Randy Moss.

Oh as for being a homer, damn right I am. I bleed orange and black, and despite that, I can tell you that Akilli Myth was a mistake. I can tell you that Shula should have been managing steak houses long ago, instead of coaching in the NFL. I can tell you that our defensive line needs help and none of them are probowlers. I can also tell you that our wide receivers are fantastic, and that we are blessed to get the chance to watch one of the great young QBs in the league develop into a superstar. I rooted for Palmer before he was a Bengal. The ONLY QB in the league I would rather have as the future of our team is Big Ben.

I'm not mad about him being a homer...but there is a definite difference between being optimistic about your team and being a homer. His posts stepped over the line from optimism to "homeritis."

I'm optimistic, too, but I also didn't compare Carson Palmer to John Elway.

I will, however, throw out a Carson Palmer/Don Majkowski comparison. :lol:

Man getting mad at someone for being a Bengals homer on a Bengal board. That is tough. While I agree we need to be realistic there is nothing wrong with being overly optimistic either. Hell I think the Bengals will win the Super Bowl this year.

Brian,

Who's mad??? I think it's hilarious!!! This guy has probably predicted the Bungles getting to the Super Bowl every year since 1990.

Which teaches us one thing--some people are like dogs--you can kick them in the ass and they still come back for more.

Man getting mad at someone for being a Bengals homer on a Bengal board. That is tough. While I agree we need to be realistic there is nothing wrong with being overly optimistic either. Hell I think the Bengals will win the Super Bowl this year.

Brian,

Who's mad??? I think it's hilarious!!! This guy has probably predicted the Bungles getting to the Super Bowl every year since 1990.

Which teaches us one thing--some people are like dogs--you can kick them in the ass and they still come back for more.

No, we never had the talent or the coaching we had now. And frankly, I'd rather be a homer than an a**h*** who doesn't even root for "his" team like you.

Brian,

No, we never had the talent or the coaching we had now. And frankly, I'd rather be a homer than an a**h*** who doesn't even root for "his" team like you.

YEA BUT HE MAKES FUN OF PEOPLE FOR BEING HOMERS ON THEIR OWN TEAM'S BOARDS!! AT LEAST HE'S f**king COOL!!!!!!

wait...

He did nothing to impress me, and he won the Heisman in a year that was a fairly weak Heisman year. I never understood the hype, and I still don't now.

Leaf didn't win the Heisman that year. Charles Woodson did. As for Carson, didn't he have a different offensive coordinator every year he was there? That makes it pretty difficult for a Quarterback to succeed. :player:

I wasn't talking about Leaf...I was talking about Palmer winning the Heisman in a weak Heisman year.

And Next_Big_Thing, I hope that your comment about Barbarian wasn't also directed at me. I wasn't making fun of him necessarily, I was just pointing out that he is a homer. I don['t have anything against anyone here, so I hope that my comments are taken correctly.

BN1281

And Next_Big_Thing, I hope that your comment about Barbarian wasn't also directed at me. I wasn't making fun of him necessarily, I was just pointing out that he is a homer. I don['t have anything against anyone here, so I hope that my comments are taken correctly.

Don't worry about him. He said something about me and then ran away. That's what he does.