Revis Island surfaces

jjakq27

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81a4d456/article/peace-at-last-revis-agrees-to-new-jets-deal-ending-holdout?module=HP_headlines

New contract is worth $46 million, including $32 million guaranteed. ESPN also reported that the Jets had shopped Revis to the Cowboys and Eagles over the weekend

Don't the Jets open with the Ravens ??

Sure, I'm happy they got him in...

Now they'll have someone to cover TJ.

It will take him a game or 2 to get into "game shape" he hasn't done jack all offseason.I don't care who you are, you can't just step right on the field (especially at a position like CB) and perform at the highest level.

It will take him a game or 2 to get into "game shape" he hasn't done jack all offseason.I don't care who you are, you can't just step right on the field (especially at a position like CB) and perform at the highest level.

No, it isnt like Favre has done it the last two seasons, or anything like that.

It was meant as a sarcasm.

Last 2 seasons? Do you remember '08 ? 3,400 yds with 22 TD's and 22 INT's are hardly good numbers. Also, QB is a completely different position. Favre doesn't have to be concerned with his speed, conditioning (running around the field like a CB does and doing it again the very next play), tackling, moving his hips and turning around with a WR. CB is a very demanding position and you have to be in top shape is what I'm saying.

We don't know what Revis has been doing to keep himself in shape, but what we DO know is, it hasn't been on a football field against NFL competition.

P.S. Revis was great last year, his first 2 years he wasn't nearly the same player. He made a drastic improvement, but we've all seen 1 year wonders. Let's just see how he follows it up (especially now that he got paid)

P.P.S. I have tried looking at a map, but am unable to locate this "Revis Island" Therefore, I have come to the conclusion that it does not exist.:P

Last 2 seasons? Do you remember '08 ? 3,400 yds with 22 TD's and 22 INT's are hardly good numbers. Also, QB is a completely different position. Favre doesn't have to be concerned with his speed, conditioning (running around the field like a CB does and doing it again the very next play), tackling, moving his hips and turning around with a WR. CB is a very demanding position and you have to be in top shape is what I'm saying.

We don't know what Revis has been doing to keep himself in shape, but what we DO know is, it hasn't been on a football field against NFL competition.

P.S. Revis was great last year, his first 2 years he wasn't nearly the same player. He made a drastic improvement, but we've all seen 1 year wonders. Let's just see how he follows it up (especially now that he got paid)

P.P.S. I have tried looking at a map, but am unable to locate this "Revis Island" Therefore, I have come to the conclusion that it does not exist.:P

The end of the 2008 season, when he was hurt really brought down his numbers. He started the season off on fire in 2008.