Where is everyone?

semiotter

you would think there would be more people posting on here with the REDS playing great 1st place baseball this year. But when you look its about the same guys all year round, hell its same crowd thats here year after year. But I guess thats good its just makes me think..Hell Bengals stink for years and they pack the forums with posts..It must really be a football town. :unsure:

Hey, I'm not going to complain one bit. I remember a few years back asking if anyone here knew of another Reds forum that resembled what we have here for the Bengals, so I could go talk shop. At that point in time the Bengalszone Reds forum might as well not even been here.

Having a good 6-10 members here that will come post from time to time is pretty good for here.

Needless to say, I never found another Reds forum, I just kept coming back to this one trying to stir conversation.

The Reds playing better sure helps that a ton !!!

you would think there would be more people posting on here with the REDS playing great 1st place baseball this year. But when you look its about the same guys all year round, hell its same crowd thats here year after year. But I guess thats good its just makes me think..Hell Bengals stink for years and they pack the forums with posts..It must really be a football town. :unsure:

I used to post Bengals news over at Redszone.com, and was basically vilified for it. Some folks are simply not fans of all sports. In fact I feel the majority is single faceted. So be it.

Hell, when I was talking to our home builder I told him I was a HUGE Bengals fan and couldn't wait to move back home to be able to go to some of the games down at the stadium. He told me flat out, "You're wasting your time". I told him, "Isn't there a wall around here that needs painting ?".

Some people just don't get sports at all, let alone follow both the Bengals AND the Reds.

I LOVE THIS BOARD !!!

I guess the problem is folks don't come to a Board called "Bengalszone" to talk football, but I'll do my part. I'll check in a little more often and talk Reds shop with ya!

I'd say Redszone is the most popular Reds site to talk baseball but it has its drawbacks, probably the biggest of which is that they have to vote on you to be in their club

I'm having issues with the edit function. It's not giving me a chance to finalize my editing but:

The above should have read

I guess the problem is folks don't come to a Board called "Bengalszone" to talk baseball...

I'd say Redszone is the most popular Reds site to talk baseball but it has its drawbacks, probably the biggest of which is that they have to vote on you to be in their club

That's the single reason I never bothered trying to become a "member" of that board. That's by far the stupidest thing I've seen on a sports forum of any sort. It was at that point in time, I came right back here and was determined to get things moving by starting a thread for every series the Reds played.

This is the second year I've done that and I think our traffic has increased to a point that the Reds forum is quite enjoyable for a football forum.

Which explains why I am banned from there. Give one dude a little shot to the chops, and you're gone. Just too much rah-rah and not enough reality for me. It's just weak.

Which explains why I am banned from there. Give one dude a little shot to the chops, and you're gone. Just too much rah-rah and not enough reality for me. It's just weak.

You're a wuss if you haven't been banned at least once around there... :sure:

It is renown for its "over moderation". The most hilarious thing is they think you really be bummed when they "reprimand you". I'm sure you laughed your rear end off and just came somewhere like here.

You're a wuss if you haven't been banned at least once around there... :sure:

It is renown for its "over moderation". The most hilarious thing is they think you really be bummed when they "reprimand you". I'm sure you laughed your rear end off and just came somewhere like here.

I was already here Sea Ray, but I have to agree the mods there were overly aggressive. It didn't bum me out though. The members here are far superior to what they have there.

Whooo Hooo!! Cardinals lose to the lowly Nats!! Reds up by 4 games in the division!! :cheers:

Plus Holiday & albert got hurt Holiday ( hand) came out of the game. Cards having trouble with the bottom feeders this week! Sweeeeeeeet :)

Whooo Hooo!! Cardinals lose to the lowly Nats!! Reds up by 4 games in the division!! :cheers:

Plus Holiday & albert got hurt Holiday ( hand) came out of the game. Cards having trouble with the bottom feeders this week! Sweeeeeeeet :)

I love the Gnats. They are my new favorite team.

Four game lead sounds pretty good!

Yep and it's driving Cowterd crazy. Yesterday he had Orel on his show and asked him how the Cardinals can beat up on the good teams but can't beat the sorry ones while the Reds pound the bad teams...It's driving him nuts. I'd say he doesn't know baseball...

Oh yeah, one last thing. He later said that he likes the Bengals a heck of a lot better than the Reds

I'm not much of a baseball fan. I do play fantasy baseball... but I don't really watch it when it's on TV. It's basically just watching stats on a nightly basis. Therefore, it's about as fun as watching the stock market.

Because I'm not much of a baseball fan, it is totally fair to call me a fair-weather Reds fan. I certainly was a big fan back in 1990 when I still loved baseball. The Reds are my team... I just don't follow them closely. With the Bengals I could list off the depth chart that I think will be the final roster without looking anything up. With the Reds... there are likely players on their roster that I've never heard of.

All that said... it's hard not to be a little excited. Especially when I heard on the radio today that Aroldis Chapman was clocked at 105 mph, and is likely going to be called up to the big leagues soon.

F*ck the Cardinals. F*ck them in the ass. I hope Chapman puts one of those 105 mph fastballs right in between Chris Carpenter's shoulder blades. (Too much? I'm trying to make up for lost time.)