Rudi, Rudi, Rudi!

HoosierCat

Let's hear it for the hero of the week, Rudi "182" Johnson, who set a record for rushing attempts today! Yes, the Houston run D stinks, but I'm still feeling less and less worried about whether CD is back in '04 or not. Run Rudi run!

(And a nice ground game by Jeremi Johnson, too!)

43 carries every week is too much for one back, so i have no problem seeing CD coming back healthy and splitting the carries with Rudi. Now, that would be one heck of a ground attack..

43 carries every week is too much for one back, so i have no problem seeing CD coming back healthy and splitting the carries with Rudi. Now, that would be one heck of a ground attack..

I don't think splitting carries will work with these two, both are get-stronger-as-the-game-goes-on types. But I'm getting some confidence that it doesn't matter, that we can get a running game no matter who's in. That's a nice feeling.

But I'm getting some confidence that it doesn't matter, that we can get a running game no matter who's in. That's a nice feeling.

That's because from the looks of it, the O line was opening holes for the backs .... and they did a great job of hitting them. The long passes and great runs are fun to watch, but its all won or lost right there in the trenches. Take a look at the photo on bengals.com, and note the canyon that Johnson is running through.

CD has to be going nuts right now. He complains about not getting the ball for 20 carries and Rudi gets it for 43 ???? Think he is being sent a message, or was it just a circumstance of the situation ?? I'd still like to see Dillon back next year unless he goes off the edge and makes it impossible.

CD has to be going nuts right now. He complains about not getting the ball for 20 carries and Rudi gets it for 43 ???? Think he is being sent a message, or was it just a circumstance of the situation ??

I think it's a combination of things. Mainly, if you get an early lead, you can and should run the ball. And if your running games gets you first downs, you should *keep* running the ball. It's not Dillon's fault that the Bengals so often started behind.

Either way, if by "sent a message" you mean that Lewis is choosing his plays in order to humilate or teach any player a lesson - no way! I'm sure he just wants to win.

Either way, if by "sent a message" you mean that Lewis is choosing his plays in order to humilate or teach any player a lesson - no way! I'm sure he just wants to win.

To bring you up to speed, I've said in other posts that I think there could be more to the Dillon / Lewis saga than what is being let out.

The only case I can think of when a member of a teams management used game plans to humiliate a player was when Al Davis refused to let Marcus Allen play and kept him on the bench. Wouldn't play him, wouldn't let him out of his contract, just had him sit and watch. Doubt that any sane coach would consider building punisments for players into his game plan. Davis isn't sane, so he doesn't count.

Lead in this game changed hands 4 times so Rudi didn't always have a lead to work with either. He also kept getting the ball. Getting it in the 20's right up to maybe 29 - 30 times still wouldn't have made me think anything of it. 43 times ? Yeah, I think coach Lewis was trying to get Dillons attention with that. He was obviously trying to win a game, but don't think he was unaware of the side benefit to be reaped as well. The message I was referring to was " This is what I'm going to do. I'll do it with you, or as you can see without you. Get in with both feet or get out of the way." I think it was directed at not only at Dillon, but to the rest of the team as well. He says" the team is bigger than any one guy. If we don't have him, we pick up and go on. " This was a pretty darned good demonstration of that philosophy in action.

Rudi is the man! All he needed was a chance and now CD can be set free! I can't believe some of you want him back. He cares only about his stats and not the team. They will be that much better when they let his sorry as* go! Talk all you want about how he carried us thru the lean years but from what I see he is baggage that is better left behind. Rudi! Rudi!

Its easy to dogg CD right now, and Im willing to take some props for my thread a few weeks back predicting greatness for Rudi.... B)

but, we may need CD down the strecth, so, Im not gonna take any shots at him right now, and see what happens. As for Lewis and the playcalling, has nothing to do with CD, he just wants to win. However he can, so Ill say it again, Rudi can carry the load if Corey is hurt or not around, and he keeps proving it.....

Rudi!!!!

Its easy to dogg CD right now, and Im willing to take some props for my thread a few weeks back predicting greatness for Rudi.... B)

but, we may need CD down the strecth, so, Im not gonna take any shots at him right now, and see what happens. As for Lewis and the playcalling, has nothing to do with CD, he just wants to win. However he can, so Ill say it again, Rudi can carry the load if Corey is hurt or not around, and he keeps proving it.....

Rudi!!!!

You're right .... you called it. 2 starts 2 hundred yard games. Rudi and Jeremi ........ Johnson & Johnson. Kinda has a ring to it don't it ??

Don't mean to be on CD. Not any more than usual anyway. Never said I didn't want him on the team or that we couldn't use him either. Said I wanted him to get right with Lewis and the team. Even this week he wasn't. Ludwig asked him if he was afraid they would put him on IR and end his season. Dillons reply was " I wish. " That is not the reply you want to get from one of your star players.

Can always use a pro bowl running back no doubt. You make a good point about everybody backing coach Lewis and Rudi too. Everybody , most importantly includes the guys on the team. Goes back to what I said about the message being directed at them too. They GOT IT .... I just hope Dillon did too. He's attitudey all right ..... but he's smart too. He has to see the advantages that come with defenses having to worry about something besides stopping him.

He was obviously trying to win a game, but don't think he was unaware of the side benefit to be reaped as well.

Yup. It was the perfect situation. Win the game, and relegate any controversy over CD to the dustbin in the process.

That's because from the looks of it, the O line was opening holes for the backs

Yup again. The question is, was it a case of them stepping up, or is Houston's run D (which came in ranked dead last) really that bad? I guess we'll find out next week...