Revis Island appears to be sinking!

It appears the wonder CB of the New York Jets isn't a happy camper with his current contract, and is threatening to sit out unless he's given a new (meaning a butt load more money) contract. Hmmm. Where have I seen this before? :rolleyes:

Darrelle Revis skips the start of training camp

by Gregg Rosenthal

After months of maneuvering and speculation, Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis has decided to go through with his training camp holdout.

Jenny Vrentas of the Newark Star-Ledger was first to report that Revis was a no-show for his morning physical and conditioning run on Sunday. At this point, we would have been surprised if Revis showed for camp.

(The Jets say Revis isn't officially a holdout until 5:30 P.M. All right, then.)

Recent reports indicated that the Jets and Revis are talking contract again, but Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reported no new formal offer has been made. With the team's rookie class now under contract, the front office will focus on Revis.

We suspect this holdout could be a lengthy one, but it makes too much sense for the sides not to reach a contract agreement before the season starts. Right?

Needless to say Jets fans are losing their collective minds!

Ok, Rex Ryan is completely full of sh*t. If you didn't already think that, here you go.

Last year, he takes up for Revis saying how he's the best CB in the league, how no one can throw his way, and how Revis allows him to run the type of defense he wants due to him being so good. Yesterday Ryan says how the Jets should still compete for the Super Bowl without Revis. While I will say that one person shouldn't be the "be all" of what your defense does, ask the Steelers how last year went without Palumalu.

Hey, look, I think Revis is a douche for going about this the way he has. He still has 3 years left on his contract, and really only had 1 great year. His first and 2nd years were decent/good, but he stepped up his game last season. BUT....I blame the Jets and the Media more. They have been all over his nuts BIGTIME. They're the ones that were calling him The best CB in the league, best defender, greatest Ryan ever coached, etc. You can hardly blame him for trying to get paid when the team and media are giving you that much praise....Good Job Jets, you had a hand in creating this monster, now deal with it.

Agree that the Jets are equal players in this "shibacle" as E. Smith would put it. I actually like that non-word.

I don't think they can actually pay Revis what he wants without killing the rest of the roster and it should be interesting to see this play out.

Best part ?? It's not our team having this issue !!!