If you were the "Reds".......

semiotter

If you were the Reds GM what would u do to this team? Or would u do anything? The Reds don't need much offense, they are leading the NL in hits,RBis, runs. The pitching is hurting them after the starters go out so maybe work on that. So go ahead let me hear hat u would do to get this team to the playoffs

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, we are getting closer to the trade deadline and I was wondering how bad Rolen's hamstring is.

While I don't think we need much, maybe some bullpen help, if Rolen is more long term, do they try to make a move to shore the 3rd base spot up or do they stand pat with Cairo and Janish ?? If they were to try to make a move with the infield, could they package either Cairo or Janish and go after Tejada from Baltimore ??

My line of thought with that would be for him to cover 3rd base in Rolen's absence (IF it's long term) and then you would be able to move him to SS when Rolen comes back. Cabrerra could fill the depth left from getting rid of either Cairo or Janish.

I'm totally spitballing and admit that rather quickly, but I was just trying to see what might be a thought for Jocketty, who is always looking to improve a roster at any given chance.

Semi, it's not like that move would bother you much huh ??

Exactly why I could see Jocketty wanting to make a move of that nature. Rolen has been above average for the Reds this whole season and I can't see the front office risking the chances of making it to the playoffs by placing things in the hands of Janish and Cairo (while playing well) is an unknown.

If Rolen won't be out long, this isn't even a consideration. Isn't Cabrerra on a one year deal anyway ??