Griffey Jr. Retires.

I realize quite well that many Cincinnati fans do not hold Junior in high regard in their opinion, and I can understand that. When he came here from Seattle, I myself posted in the Reds forum as they were a lock for a World Series title. Due to injuries or just plain poor performance, Ken Griffey Junior never found his stride in Cincinnati, and they never came close to succeeding with him on the roster, and eventually let him return to Seattle to finish his career which he did.

What I will give him credit for is his undeniable career stats:

Batting average .284

Home runs 630

Runs batted in 1,836

Hits 2,781

All done without a hint of allegations of juicing, or any type of cheating/enhancement.

Well Done Junior.

Not to mention an AL MVP award as well as being a 13 time All-Star. He is widely considered one of the best to play the game of all time. I only wish he would have been half the player here that he was in Seattle. Why ?? Because instead of being considered one of the best, we would be talking about the VERY best player to ever play the game. I seriously believe that.

He's a class act guy that this Cincinnati Reds fans DOES hold in high regard and yeah, he did it the right way with no questions about performance enhancing drugs or anything of that nature. Injures are a bitch and it's unfortunate for him how things played out while he was here in that regard.

To sum it up. Congratulations to Junior on an amazing career and good luck in the future !!!

I hold no ill will toward the man. Things just didn't workout in the Queen city, and as a lifelong Cinci sport fan, I am more than used to that. He would have been known as the greatest player of this generation if it weren't for the other guys juicing. I hope he finds happiness in retirement.

Don't forget the 10 Gold Gloves as well. Man, I really used to enjoy watching him play when he was with Seattle. He seemed to play the game with such ease. It seemed almost effortless. From him scaling walls to rob players of HR's, or hitting his own with that sweet...sweet stroke of his. It's a shame that injuries took a lot of that away, but unfortunately sometimes these things happen. It's also a shame that he couldn't do more for the Reds, but it is what it is.

He is one of my all-time favorite players, and he did it the right way (no roids).

Thanks for the memories!!!