Reds vs. Astros

ArmyBengal

The Reds open a 3 game series at home against the Astros tonight. Sam LeCure, who was called up from triple-A will get the start tonight. He will be taking Bailey's spot on the roster until he's better. LeCure was 5-2 in 9 starts with Louisville so far this season, so it should be interesting to see how the 26 year old righty does.

The Cards open a 3 game series at the Cubs tonight as well, so the Reds really need to keep the pressure on.

The Reds and Cards start their next 3 game series on Monday.

I missed that Sutton GS. And I don't know anything about him. That's the first I've heard of him to Billy.

Wow are we watching something big in the works here??? I hope so.

What the Reds are doing to Pirates and Houston is what good teams need to do to teams that have worse records. This is a good sign people!!!!

Wow are we watching something big in the works here???

We'll know after the All Star break. If the Reds are still in the hunt in August, you can color me amazed. Looking back at this team in early April, I never would have guessed they would be here now.

Wow are we watching something big in the works here???

We'll know after the All Star break. If the Reds are still in the hunt in August, you can color me amazed. Looking back at this team in early April, I never would have guessed they would be here now.

Yes Billy I agree with that. I jumped the gun a little. I'm not used to rootinh for a team that's doing this well!!! LoL

Who is this Sutton guy who just hit a Grand Slam!?! Cincy is rolling towards their biggest win of the year! :cheers:

Sutton was one of the players involved in the trade with Houston, when Keppinger was sent there. He was brought up as a replacement for Janish, while he is on bereavement for his Grandpa. He will not be with the team much longer, Janish is expected back on Sunday.

Amazing they have the best record in the NL and only the Rays have a better record overall. I hope they can keep this up all year! The last time the reds fully made the playoffs I was too young to know/care. This would be something great for me.

Amazing they have the best record in the NL and only the Rays have a better record overall. I hope they can keep this up all year! The last time the reds fully made the playoffs I was too young to know/care. This would be something great for me.

It appears the Reds are due, huh Griz?

It could be my best sports year ever I see reds in the playoffs! bengals playoffs! and Purdue National Champs! It will be the greatest sports year ever hahaha

Purdue National Champs, I think you may be drinking a little to much of the Kool-aide. If they get to the big game, I will be rooting for them though.

It could be my best sports year ever I see reds in the playoffs! bengals playoffs! and Purdue National Champs! It will be the greatest sports year ever hahaha

Purdue National Champs, I think you may be drinking a little to much of the Kool-aide. If they get to the big game, I will be rooting for them though.

I may be, but I think is the best shot they have had with the big three coming back, and some depth on the front line...Though the Big Ten is absolutely stacked next Basketball season.

On the baseball note, man they win again last night. They are just a fun team to watch. I wonder if they can make it 19 games in a row with a HR. Anyone know what the team record is for consecutive homeruns game?

Downer... Reds lose in extras 2-0. Leake had another solid outing, but a no decision.

Yeah, it was a shame the way they wasted their chance in the bottom of the 9th. Oh well...it's hard to complain when you win 2 of 3.

The Reds just need to keep winning the better of each series, and they'll be in the hunt for a Red October.