Reds vs. Pirates

ArmyBengal

Here's to hoping Harang can have a solid night and the hitting keeps up.

This is the opener of a 4 game series with the Pirates, followed by a 3 game set against the Astros.

They need to do some damage over this 7 game span heading into a series with the Cardinals.

Go Reds !!!

Is it just me or does it seem we play the Pirates an Cards a lot so far? Oh well we should whoop up on these two clubs rhis week.

Well, they got the win in the opener 7-5 and Harang got his 3rd win even though he gave up 8 hits and 5 runs (only 4 earned).

Stubbs is having a pretty solid season to this point and Cordero only gave up one hit in the 9th (double) to get his 15th save.

Homer on the 15 day DL...

Well, they got the win in the opener 7-5 and Harang got his 3rd win even though he gave up 8 hits and 5 runs (only 4 earned).

Stubbs is having a pretty solid season to this point and Cordero only gave up one hit in the 9th (double) to get his 15th save.

Homer on the 15 day DL...

That was no double, that was an error on Stubbs that was called a double. When the ball hits the pocket of your glove, it is an error.

I didn't see it, just reporting on the game here from what I read, but that's cool.

Apparently Homer didn't think being placed on the DL was necessary as there was nothing more than inflammation in the elbow.

Baker said, they weren't taking any chances. I don't have a real problem with the precaution.

I didn't see it, just reporting on the game here from what I read, but that's cool.

Apparently Homer didn't think being placed on the DL was necessary as there was nothing more than inflammation in the elbow.

Baker said, they weren't taking any chances. I don't have a real problem with the precaution.

Give him a rest, hopefully he can come back and continue to improve. He has slowly become a solid back-end of the rotation starter.

I think they should let Micah have acouple of spot starts while Bailey rests, let the new RP (Del Rosario, I think) take Micah's spot for awhile.

Masset gives up a homer in the top of the 9th and the Reds lose 2-1.

Now I'm not trying to stir the pot here, but Leake was throwing a shutout heading into the 7th inning, but wasn't anywhere near a no hitter, so that wasn't a consideration. I know they probably wanted to see him get the win, but at what point do you call it a night for the rookie and turn the ball over to your middle relief ?? It may be a little second guessing and I will admit that, but still. This was a complaint of mine from last year with Owings.

Anyway, blown opportunity against a crappy team. Lets go Padres, beat the Cards !!!

Now I'm not trying to stir the pot here, but Leake was throwing a shutout heading into the 7th inning, but wasn't anywhere near a no hitter, so that wasn't a consideration. I know they probably wanted to see him get the win, but at what point do you call it a night for the rookie and turn the ball over to your middle relief ?? It may be a little second guessing and I will admit that, but still. This was a complaint of mine from last year with Owings.

Anyway, blown opportunity against a crappy team. Lets go Padres, beat the Cards !!!

Leake's pitch count was low enough that I have no problem at all with the decision. Plus, if Stubbs hadn't misplayed that fly ball, Leake may have made it through the inning fine.

Masset has been AWFUL, though. As soon as he came in I had a gut feeling the game was over.

Leake's pitch count was low enough that I have no problem at all with the decision. Plus, if Stubbs hadn't misplayed that fly ball, Leake may have made it through the inning fine.

Masset has been AWFUL, though. As soon as he came in I had a gut feeling the game was over.

Errors by Stubbs have been a major problem as of the last couple of games, maybe he needs a couple of days off to get his head back in the game.

The Reds have trouble against this Buco starter. So this didn't surprise me. I figured it would be a low scoring game. Leake is really looking like a Ace out here. And a great P for us. Anyway the first Pirate run was a gift.You can't win them all and the Cards lost 1-0 so it could of been worse. We will get them tonight. Psssst "hey" Dusty try starting Nix. He has been killing the Ball!!!

Yeah, nice to see both Cairo and Heisey both hit dingers last night.

Votto missed the game with a stiff neck and is questionable for tonights game as well.

I'd like to see Cueto have another outing like his last against the Pirates...

San Diego wins again !!!

Thursday nights Pirate starter has a real bad road record [zero wins] and a high ERA. I look for big runs tonight.

Cueto left the game yesterday after the 6th in order to ensure the blister he was dealing with was 100% for his next start.

Good decision when the game was in hand.

I heard Cowboy on the Radio last night say they treat blisters with Pickle juice!!