Reds vrs Bucs

semiotter

This is gonna be a interesting series for the 2nd place REDS vrs the 3rd place Pirates. The last time we went to Pitt they got spanked by Pitt. So it will be inteesting to see how the Reds do this time. We need to win to keep there good streak going.

Yeah, I thought Cordero was going to blow his opportunity there in the bottom of the 9th, but they got the win.

Nice pitching by Arroyo tonight as well.

In regards to the thread title, I only think this is a big series if you mean it's one they should win. The Pirates are still a sub par team and the fact they swept us last series says more about how poorly the Reds were playing, as opposed to how good the Pirates are as a team. The Reds should win this series, if not sweep them. The Reds simply have to continue playing well against teams they should either beat or at least compete with and then find a way to win a series or so against the better teams in the NL.

Good job tonight, but I'm sorry for not being on board at this point in time even though I'm hoping and rooting for the best...

Big series ?? The Cardinals are coming up again.

Coming in to the series the Pirates are playing ball as well as the Reds and challenging in the division. The Reds need to win this series and put the Bucs in the rightful place, while advancing thier own chances of a winning season.

I agree that this is a big series, but every series is a must win and very big if they want to end the season anywhere near contention.

The St. Louis series is bigger yes, but not all that much more important than any other. To quote Al Davis, "Just win, Baby".

I'm still sore over being swept last time

Well that's not happening in this series. The Reds eeked out a one run win. I have to say Cordero gave me the willies putting two men on in the bottom of the 9th!

Yeah Billy see that!! CoCo does that a lot. At least I think he does. LoL

Coming in to the series the Pirates are playing ball as well as the Reds and challenging in the division. The Reds need to win this series and put the Bucs in the rightful place, while advancing thier own chances of a winning season.

I agree that this is a big series, but every series is a must win and very big if they want to end the season anywhere near contention.

The St. Louis series is bigger yes, but not all that much more important than any other. To quote Al Davis, "Just win, Baby".

And I agree with you RBB. Pitt was playing good ball last week kicking the Cubbies and beating Cards one time. So we do need to get it done against them and worry about winning one day at a time.

And I agree with you RBB. Pitt was playing good ball last week kicking the Cubbies and beating Cards one time. So we do need to get it done against them and worry about winning one day at a time.

Coco does tend to stretch out the ninth innings from time to time, but he is still better than Weathers used to be. Weathers would put 2-3 guys on everytime he pitched an inning.

I'm still sore over being swept last time

Well that's not happening in this series. The Reds eeked out a one run win. I have to say Cordero gave me the willies putting two men on in the bottom of the 9th!

Yeah Billy see that!! CoCo does that a lot. At least I think he does. LoL

I'm following tonight's game, and the way the Reds are hitting, I doubt Cordero sees the mound tonight.

WoW great Pitching by JC a one hitter sweet. Jay B with 3 hits. Votto still hot.New call up Heisey with 3 hits with a Homer.

Going for the sweep Wed.

Impressive. Cueto throws a one hitter and the Reds win 9-0!

cincinnatiredsmediumredbf1.gif

Wow the pitching for the most is looking good. Wow does Edwin come back this year? And Chapman is doing well in the Minors. OMG we could have a staff that ranks up there with anybody.

Sorry about how you Orioles have started out there Semi. They are getting raped on a daily it seems like. 9 wins ?? Ouch....

Oh they are young and bad!! They got a 9 game stretch at home now and start out losing against Sea. They are not hitting, cept for Wiggington and the young Ps are getting hammered more than winning.

Reds sweep!!! Homer gets the """W""" Votto and Stubs with big flys and team still hitting.

After Thursday off its time for the Redbirds to come in.

Reds sweep!!!

It's a bit more than a sweep!

The Reds became the first team in the majors in nearly 10 years to pitch back-to-back, complete-game shutouts without a walk—Oakland’s Tim Hudson(notes) and Barry Zito(notes) did it on Sept. 9-10, 2000, against Tampa Bay, according to STATS LLC.

Now thats encouraging!

Reds sweep!!!

It's a bit more than a sweep!

The Reds became the first team in the majors in nearly 10 years to pitch back-to-back, complete-game shutouts without a walk—Oakland’s Tim Hudson(notes) and Barry Zito(notes) did it on Sept. 9-10, 2000, against Tampa Bay, according to STATS LLC.

Now thats encouraging!

Great post Billy. Pitt got only one run in three games and I doubt they got ten hits in the series.