See ya Dusty

cincyhokie

Well, that's 2 in a row to the almighty Pirates to make it four in a row now. Obviously, there's alot of games left to play in the season. However, what seems like anything is different from last year? Mediocre, less than insprired play, more often than not. Undisciplined batting. Pitchers that can't throw strikes. 5-7 through 12 games. Might as well be 70-82 in the middle of September.

Scary thing is...I'm not really that upset. We've seen this before. Wake me when there's a major change. Yawn.

I wouldn't shed a tear if he left, no matter by what means it happened.

He's done nothing to change the Reds fortunes from the day he became manager. Still stuck in the same old hole. <_<

My favorite are the fans and media that make excuses for Baker and Jacoby. "They can only play and work with the players they have." Hell, make me a damn hitting coach, then. Pay me 1/4 the salary, that's fine with me. I can sit there and eat sunflower seeds with the best of them.

Performance objectives? Anyone ever heard of them? What the hell has Baker done as a leader of this team to think he can make a difference? Jacoby? Nice job getting those guys from AAA ball to take it to the next step.

FLUSH THE WHOLE DAMN COACHING STAFF! (Save Billy Hatcher)

Sad thing is, the players they have brought in or had developed in minor league ball have gotten better and have failed under the coaching of the Reds staff. Jay Bruce was like the top minor league prospect and has been less than sub-par since being brought up. Homer Bailey was the can't miss pitching prospect that, well, missed. There is tons of young talent that was coached up just fine and now next to nothing. Jacoby is hot garbage as a hitting coach and with the talent this team has, Dusty getting shown the door would neither surprise me, nor upset me.

The coaches can only do so much with the players they have, but the players can only do as much as they are coached up to do as well.

It would be wise for the coaches to remember that coin can and should be flipped from time to time.

2 to the Pirates ?? UNF*CKINGACCEPTABLE !!!

Sad thing is, the players they have brought in or had developed in minor league ball have gotten better and have failed under the coaching of the Reds staff. Jay Bruce was like the top minor league prospect and has been less than sub-par since being brought up. Homer Bailey was the can't miss pitching prospect that, well, missed. There is tons of young talent that was coached up just fine and now next to nothing. Jacoby is hot garbage as a hitting coach and with the talent this team has, Dusty getting shown the door would neither surprise me, nor upset me.

The coaches can only do so much with the players they have, but the players can only do as much as they are coached up to do as well.

It would be wise for the coaches to remember that coin can and should be flipped from time to time.

Amen, well said.

Make that 3 to the Pirates.

Crap, you got my hopes up. I saw the title to this post and thought maybe Baker had been canned. Hopefully soon it will be true. I have been ready for the day Baker leaves, since the day the signed him.

He'll be gone before the end of the year, guaranteed. Reds management is just putting off the inevitable. If they wanted to save fan interest in this season, they should do something relatively soon. Reds fans aren't dumb, we've seen this team play like this before and we know where it leads us.

Dusty had a chance to continue the momentum from the 27-13 finish to last season by starting off this year playing good, solid, disciplined baseball.

He's completely failed thus far. Bye Dusty.

• 1 month later...

Dusty is not the reason for this turn around, he still makes some very bad choices during games that are close. Even the 7 run outburst that lost the game in Atlanta was bad game management from Dusty. Any manager that says it all happened so fast that he was unable to figure out what to do, during a 7 run inning, to lose a game is lost.

Great Starting pitching and some hot bats do not make a bad manager good, but you are right, if they keep playing this well Dusty isnt going anywhere. That is bad news, he will lose some close games with very poor choices and that will hurt the team sooner or later.