Reggie Upbeat

Trevor

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Weekend-notes-Leonard-Benson-team-up-off-field-Reggie-says-Achilles-strong/0137d9b4-c49d-4ffe-88d2-b22a09abae3c

Hell to the YES! Reggie is comin back and he feels like he’s in his prime. We all know He’s A great blocker, and now we dont have to worry about getting frigggin gresham… Thank goodness. Our defense is gonna get some good players in the first 4 rds… And we can use our O picks on lineman and recievers. Chase coffman is gonna be our second stringer maybe even our starter, which now leaves coates as our third stringer so he can do hat he does best, block hard and every now and then catch a 5 yarder,.. Our TE corps is not as bad as every one thinks. We just gotta pray they all stay healthy. And hey we still have the 6-7 darius hill… If he can get anywhere near coats blockingwise we may not have to keep mr coats. This is great news

ps. I wouldnt despise getting a good TE in the 1st 3 rounds. But hey, why fix whats not broken. Reggie should (and i think he will be) good, chase is gonna be just as good as anyone we would get... Why not just get a guy who we can groom to be our primary blocking TE?.. I really like nate bynham outta pitt... A huge guy bulkwise and he is a good blocker. A year of experience and we wont see that big of a dropoff from reggies production.

Well having Reggie back as blocking Tight End would mean we could go after a weapon at TE instead of a Blocker (Well in reality need blocker to develop behind him) But I still don't see Reggie resigning their stance on Gresh or any other tight end.more of Sealing Daniels coats fate if our TE's can stay healthy >_<

Our TE corps is not as bad as every one thinks.

I dunno Reggie,Coffman & Coats seem pretty bad better then last year? yes but that's still not saying much...Still prefer to see mid Round Tight End.

ps. I wouldn't despise getting a good TE in the 1st 3 rounds. But hey, why fix whats not broken

Well most of our needs aren't technically not Broken but all could be improved,Do we need a Guard,Safety,Wide Receiver,DE,OLB etc etc to start right now? nope but we could use talent young guys who will eventually replace the starters.

PS,I know he hasn't signed yet but if he does.

Well having Reggie back as blocking Tight End would mean we could go after a weapon at TE instead of a Blocker (Well in reality need blocker to develop behind him) But I still don't see Reggie resigning their stance on Gresh or any other tight end.more of Sealing Daniels coats fate if our TE's can stay healthy >_<

Our TE corps is not as bad as every one thinks.

I dunno Reggie,Coffman & Coats seem pretty bad better then last year? yes but that's still not saying much...Still prefer to see mid Round Tight End.

Maybe its just me being a homer... And yes i know we dont have a witten, or miller, or heap, but i think we have a premeir blocker, a premier pass catcher (he will be great), and a pro blocking special teams guy... Not too shabby at all IMO

I'd be fine with Reggie & Coffman being the 1 & 2,But I still want a young guy in the draft to develop....Coats should only be plan D if we have another horrible amount of injurys at the position...Sorry but to me Coats isn't a pro anything I know some guys on here like him :P I just can't.

And yes i know we dont have a witten, or miller, or heap, but i think we have a premier blocker, a premier pass catcher (he will be great), and a pro blocking special teams guy...

Reggie is 33 coming off a horrible Injury

Coffman has never was activated for a real game

Coats simply made the roster because of all the injurys we had,He was a Dead man walking before that a Backups,backups,backups,backup.

Hill is Practice Squad Fodder

So With all the Question marks why not add another young guy to mix? I don't want to see them do it in the 1st round but I wouldn't complain if we did decide to go that route because if you look at the playoff teams last year 10 out of 12 had very good Tight Ends the other 2 were Bengals & Cardinals..

Dallas Clark 1,106 Yards

Jason Witten 1,030 Yards

Dustin Keller 522 Yards over 1/5 of what Sanchez threw for

Antonio Gates 1,157 Yards

Jeremy Shockey 569 Yards

Jermi Finley 676 Yards

Visanthe Shiancoe 566 Yards

Todd Heap 593 Yards

Brent Celek 971 Yards

Ben Watson 404 Yards(Least Impressive but the Patriots still love Tight End Position constantly using Draft picks and bringing in FA's.

Then you have Foschi 260 Yards & Coats 150 for a mighty combied 410 yards!

I'd be fine with Reggie & Coffman being the 1 & 2,But I still want a young guy in the draft to develop....Coats should only be plan D if we have another horrible amount of injurys at the position...Sorry but to me Coats isn't a pro anything I know some guys on here like him :P I just can't.

Trust me i dont like him, CCC, coats cant catch,.. I hate the guy for all dropped tds... But dude is a good blocker.... Thats why i want hill to be near him blockingwise cuz that guy is a good passcatcher too. we could cut coats if he shows up or we draft a guy like bynham... But anyways. Its bedtime lol

I guess I really didn't see that good blocking,Few plays ? sure but Also so alot of Whifs and just standing there with a thumb up his arse...

I just didn't get the feeling that wow he threw some good blocks! and I watched most of the games 3 times "shrug" But then again it's just IMO

PS,This is 7 Tight Ends I want by Round

1.)Jermaine Gresham If were gonna take a TE Rnd 1 well hes rated top so :P ya

2.)Rob Gronkowski (unless he spine issues then ya someone else :P

3.)Anthony McCoy (If Rob Does have a spine issue I'd probably not Mind Mccoy in the 2nd)

4.)Ed Dickson

5,6 or 7)Michael Hoomanawanui,Nate Byham or Andrew Quarless

But hey, why fix whats not broken.

Huh ?? Are we talking about the same TE corps ??

Our TE corp defines broken and I can't agree that bringing back Kelly changes that thought all that much.

While I don't hate the move, I simply don't see it being the game changing type of move they have been trying to make at the position.

But hey, why fix whats not broken.

Huh ?? Are we talking about the same TE corps ??

Our TE corp defines broken and I can't agree that bringing back Kelly changes that thought all that much.

While I don't hate the move, I simply don't see it being the game changing type of move they have been trying to make at the position.

Idk,.. The way he talks about coffman... He seems to think to think he'll be bettter than anyone we draft. And then some. And why would the rev lie to us??? So yes like i said get a blocker. Then we can replace coats. But other than taht i think TE corps will be fine

Ok, in looking at the article, it says the Bengals watched him work out, but says nothing about them signing him.

He's still hoping the Bengals bring him back, so we are still no further along than we were before.

TE still gets taken early because the position is still in shambles.

What is the word on Foschi? He came in, blocked well, caught well and generally shored up the position...why is he getting no love?

Reggie, man, we love ya, but at 33 and coming off a non-contact Achilles rupture, I would not gamble away a chunk o change on coming back and contributing at the same level as before.

Reggie has a future in coaching, and it would be good to see him come back and transition into a TE asst coach.

What is the word on Foschi? He came in, blocked well, caught well and generally shored up the position...why is he getting no love?

Don't know more likely he'd sign for a minimum deal and there was a reason he started over coats...IMO he really wasn't that bad and a solid backup

I don't see signing Foschi to a deal meaning anything if they were to do that. He could be cut, so can Coats, and nothing is a done deal on Reggie either. I simply don't think there's any way they don't draft a TE regardless of what they do prior to the draft, unless they go out a get a restricted guy and give up a pick and that's not happening at this point either.

I don't see signing Foschi to a deal meaning anything if they were to do that. He could be cut, so can Coats, and nothing is a done deal on Reggie either. I simply don't think there's any way they don't draft a TE regardless of what they do prior to the draft, unless they go out a get a restricted guy and give up a pick and that's not happening at this point either.

At least one of the three of Foschi, Coates or Kelley will be back, if not two of them.

They can't go to camp with Chase and a rookie.

Perhaps they re-try to get Martellus Bennett? Guy sems a bit disillusioned but is a clear upgrade over the guys on this team.

What about trading for Olsen out of Chicago. Martz won't use him. Or if they don't trade him, Desmond Clark will probably be on his way out. No future HOF... but better than Coats and Foschi.

Personally I like Foschi. IMO he did well seeing that it was his first year playing in Cincy and having Carson throw to him. Others may disagree, but that's your right.

Oh no doubt Even if we resigned Reggie & Foschi I still see us drafting a TE

What about trading for Olsen out of Chicago. Martz won't use him. Or if they don't trade him, Desmond Clark will probably be on his way out. No future HOF... but better than Coats and Foschi.

Personally I like Foschi. IMO he did well seeing that it was his first year playing in Cincy and having Carson throw to him. Others may disagree, but that's your right.

I thought Fosci's contract expired. I could be wrong but I thought all signs pointed with him being a FA with the resigning of Coats, Kelly coming back, and talk of drafting a TE.

Olsen can't block. We already have a TE like that on the roster (Coffman). Also, Olsen says he's happy in Chicago and wants to stay there. Read Below.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5070767

I thought Fosci's contract expired. I could be wrong but I thought all signs pointed with him being a FA with the resigning of Coats, Kelly coming back, and talk of drafting a TE.

Well with an expired contract or not, I still like what he brought to the team.

Olsen can't block. We already have a TE like that on the roster (Coffman). Also, Olsen says he's happy in Chicago and wants to stay there. Read Below.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5070767

Blocking isn't his strength, but he is able.

Secondly, it has nothing to do with where he wants to play. If the Bears know they are wasting his talent in Martz's system, they might look into trading him.

But it doesn't much matter, as it isn't my preference. I was just making coversation. I want the Bengals to sign Reggie and draft McCoy in the 3rd.

Well with an expired contract or not, I still like what he brought to the team.

I was impressed with him too. I would have liked to see him over Coats.